Battle on the Bridge Finale

Zabuza was starting to wear down. He knew it, Kakashi knew it, and it seemed even the dog summons knew it. As their attacks seemed to become even more rapid and vicious. Even though Zabuza had managed to cut two of the seven dogs out existence. He still had a very big disadvantage. Zabuza was starting to slow down. His attacks, parries, and slashes, were all getting sloppy. And he paid for it as one of the dogs finally managed to sink its teeth into Zabuza's arm. Who just growled at the pain, as he slung it off his arm like a rag doll. Only to feel a new set of teeth sink into his dominant sword wielding hand, nearly making him drop said sword. With another growl of pain, or maybe frustration, he threw this one aside as well. Before quickly spinning around and slashing another one of the summons across the abdomen, and dispelling it.

   Zabuza smiled to himself, believing that he was making progress now. Only to rethink that thought entirely as he felt a large presence pounce on his back, and sink its teeth into his collarbone. Then another dog bit into his right calf, forcing him down to his knees, as the last two dogs bit into his forearms to hold him into place. Zabuza struggled and tried to break free. But the strength of the dogs, partnered with all of the energy he had lost in the fight prevented him from doing so.

   Kakashi saw it, finally it worked. His dog summons had managed to weaken Zabuza, and now had him at their mercy. Seeing this Kakashi performed the hand signs, of his signature jutsu. The one he himself created. As he finished the last seal, he felt the all to rememorable sound of a thousand birds chirping in unison. And now with his Chidori in hand, he started toward his target.

   Only to stop a few feet short of impaling his target. As an eerie chill ran down his spine, upon hearing a large primal roar, from the other side of the bridge. Turning his attention over there, he watched in disbelief as the large dome of ice, instantly shattered into a million pieces. And out of the wreckage, a golden streak of light was the only thing visible as it disappeared in a flash. 'Sensei!!' Kakashi thought in shock and disbelief, as his chidori fizzled out.

Naruto quickly followed after Haku at blinding speed, catching up to him right as he crashed into the ground. Haku attempted to make more ice mirrors to aid him, but Naruto was way too fast and intercepted him before he even finished the first sign. As he appeared in front of Haku punching him away with force once again. Haku braced for impact, but never felt any. Instead he was just launched away from his current location curtisy of a well placed kick from Naruto. As it happened again and again, Haku was starting to get a feeling of deja vu, except it was in reverse. As he was now getting pummeled and flung around like a pinball. With a final crash into the bridge, Haku felt nothing but intense pain. As he knew that a majority of his bones were broken. And he was bleeding profusely from most of the areas that he could still feel. Looking up through bleary and and half-lidded eyes. He saw Naruto approaching, still glowing in an ethereal gold. A look on his face that promised nothing but absolute pain and agony. The last image being Naruto channeling all of his chakra to his fist, before he lost consciousness.

   Zabuza watched on in horror, as the closest thing he's ever had to a son, was getting absolutely destroyed by the blonde Jinchuriki. And he knew there was nothing he could do about it, Kakashi had won, he had him trapped. It was then once he saw Haku's lifeless body, that he began to feel again. Feel something he hadn't felt in many years. Something that he thought he had exercised many years ago. For the first time in his adult life Zabuza Momochi felt fear. Not crippling terrifying fear, a different type of fear. One that he hadn't felt in a long time, not since he killed his best friend along with the rest of his classmates. He felt the fear of losing a loved one.

   It was that fear, that lead to Zabuza feeling a primal rage unlike anything he's ever experienced before. Which in turn led to him unleashing more power than he's ever experienced before. With a sudden burst, all the remaining dog summons that were holding him to the ground, were blown back and dispelled with great force. As soon as he was free Zabuza had one singular thought on his mind, save Haku. And that's exactly what he did, moving at a speed that he's never achieved before, he sped toward Haku, hoping that he'd make it in time.