A Family Reunion

After the third Hokage had made his announcement, he agreed to escort Naruto to meet with his godfather, who was at an undisclosed location. Or that is what Hiruzen wanted people to believe. In truth Jiraiya was where he always was everytime he returned to the village, sitting outside of the women's bathhouse doing his "research." Hiruzen knew better than anyone that his former pupil loved to do this during his downtime, but as long as he kept up his work with the spy network he was willing to look past it. As well as a few other reasons, the most important being that it allowed Jiraiya to write those exceptional books, that Hiruzen secretly loved so much. But enough of that it was time to deal with the current situation that was giving him a headache. Naruto and Jiraiya bickering like an old married couple, which was customary of the two anytime the would reunite. But it seemed as though Hiruzen's two favorite knuckleheads were being extra loud and obnoxious by now. They were so into their little squabble that Jiraiya didnt even notice when the topic of his research had grown tired of their bickering and had gone elsewhere to bathe. Which made Hiruzen a little disappointed, as that ment that he would have to wait longer til the next installment of his favorite book came out. But he would cry about that later, for now he needed to stop this argument before it turned physical.

   "You're still the same old pervert aren't you old man? You really haven't changed a bit." Naruto loudly shouted to the Sannin. "I could say the same about you pipsqueak, it doesn't look like you've grown an inch since the last time I saw you. I told you eating nothing but ramen wasn't good for you." Jiraiya replied back to Naruto. "Ramen is good for everyone, there's no way that something that tastes so good can be bad for you. You're just mad because ramen never runs away from you when you look at it, unlike every woman that ever saw you pervy sage." The blonde quipped back. "That's because you inhale it before it gets a chance to!!" Jiraiya replied back astounded. "Because ramen is a gift from the Gods, and must be treated as such, and must not be wasted." Naruto replied back as if he was giving a lecture. "The only gift that Gods have given is the gift of beautiful well endowed women." The sannin barked back with a lecherous grin and a perverted giggle.

   "As enthralling as this debate is, don't you two have some training to do? Or is this how you plan on spending the entire month?" Hiruzen asked when he finally got tired of the two going back and forth. "Fine I suppose sensei is right, but this isn't over brat." Jiraiya relented before he grabbed his godson and disappeared in a swirl of leaves. And with that Hiruzen was left alone with his thoughts, now that he could actually hear his own thoughts that is. 'So I've got about a month to prepare then.' He thought to himself as he disappeared in a puff of smoke, revealing that he was a shadow clone the whole time.

   Meanwhile back with the real Hiruzen, we can see him sat perched atop the Hokage tower, gone were his traditional robes, replaced by his battle armor. He is currently in the middle of training, but had decided to take a brief break. His old age was catching up to him a bit, and he was hoping to turn the clock back a few years at least with some training. And he would need all of the training he could get for what was to come. As he sat there the memory that his shadow clone had made returned to him, and Hiruzen immediately pinched the bridge of his nose. "I swear those two do nothing but bicker." He said to himself outloud. 'But still it's probably for the best, Jiraiya is an excellent teacher, better than me even. An Naruto will need all the training he can get, if he's too overcome the difficulties that lie ahead. And I need to get back to training as well if I'm going to be able to go up against my former pupil again. I should have about another two hours until my clone in the office runs out of chakra. That is if he doesn't take himself out in an attempt to get away from the paperwork.' Hiruzen thought to himself as he got back training.

   Back with Naruto and Jiraiya. The two of them were discussing what kind of training they would be doing during the next month. "So Naruto there are two techniques that I want to teach you. And they are high difficulty level Jutsu. So don't expect for me to take it easy on you." Jiraiya explained in a serious tone, as he was in full on sensei mode. "I wouldn't expect anything less, the only way to get stronger is through hardwork. There are no shortcuts on the path to greatness. If you take shortcuts, then you just cut yourself short." Naruto replied back, with wisdom beyond his years. Because it was Kurama had Naruto that many times, and he was now ecstatic that it had finally gotten through his knuckleheaded friend. Even if you couldn't see it as Kurama was in the middle of a nap. "Now that's a good attitude to have, exactly like your father." Jiraiya replied back with a chuckle as he look the look of pride on his students face. "Now as I was saying, you're going to have to work to master both of these Jutsu. Since we don't have time to waste so we are going to maximize your training by using your shadow clones. If my sources are correct, and they usually are, and Orochimaru is going to be attacking the village during the Third Round of the Chunnin exams, then you have to be ready for anything." Jiraiya explained to Naruto making sure that his student understood exactly how big of a challenge the next month would present. "Well then what are we still talking for, let's get to training! What are you going to be teaching me Pervy Sage!" Naruto exclaimed in his usual energetic and boisterous manner. 'I wish he'd quit calling me that.' Jiraiya thought to himself in a dejected manner. "I'm going to be teaching you the summoning technique, as well as the technique your father invented the rasangan." Jiraiya answered after he got over his internal moping. "Yes! Two super cool jutsu I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. Woohoo!" Naruti shouted as he jumped around in joy, before getting smacked across the face and getting sent 10 feet in that direction curtisy of Jiraiya. "I told you not to waste time, now get over here so I can show you how it's done." Jiraiya reprimanded his temporary student.

   And that is how Naruto, Jiraiya and Hiruzen would spend their month training. Along with the rest of the participants. How much stronger will they become? What new Jutsu will they add to their repertoire? What tricks will have up their sleeves? Find out next time as we resume the Chunnin Exams.

---------------------------------------------------------

   Back with our mysterious cloaked Sharingan user. We can see him set up in what looks like a temporary campsite. Cloak and shirt cast aside, neatly folded in front of him. We can see that he is deep in meditation, perfectly calm. He has been like this for nearly four hours now. Doing his own kind of training. Focusing his mind and his chakra. Suddenly he opens his eyes, his pair of sharingan spinning slowly, before they come to an eventual stop. "Well it looks like I have about a month to prepare then. Then I can finally get my revenge and take back what is mine." He says to himself outloud as he redresses himself in his shirt and cloak. As soon as he is done he turns to the side, and says to something that cannot be seen. "Thank you for you time, you may leave now." As soon as those words leave his mouth whatever he was talking to disappeared in cloud of smoke. "Soon", is all the figure says before he starts cleaning up his temporary camp sealing anything of use inside of storage scrolls. When he was finished he disappeared as if he had never been there before. Almost as if he flickered out of existence.