CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

Only a moment passed before the High Lord of the Autumn Court was pronounced dead. Rhys had crept forward, pressing his fingers to Beron's wrist in search of a pulse. There was not one to be found. Lucien was sat on the floor beside his body, Helion healing his remaining wounds as Lady Autumn cried into his shoulder, kissing his cheek.

Prim, still pressed against Orion's side, looked out across the grass, eyes locking on her father who was limping toward the slowly breaking circle. Nesta was with Cassian, his arms wrapped around her, Lyra and Scarlet, kissing each of their heads and holding them tightly. A ray of morning sun lit them up, turning the scene to liquid gold as the one person missing relished in their family's victory.

Elain had disappeared from the mountainside, likely having gone back to the cabin, back to her little family to share the news. Feyre was on Orion's other side, her arm hooked with his as she watched her husband lay his jacket over Beron's body. Tamlin, chest still bare apart from the bandages, weaved his way to Lucien, kneeling before his old friend. Helion pulled back, Lady Autumn going with him as the two males sat together. Lucien's eyes slowly moved up to meet Tamlin's. Before the High Lord of Spring could say anything, the new High Lord of Autumn was upon him.

Primrose watched Rhys tense, ready to pull them apart, but it was not needed. Lucien's arms wrapped around Tamlin's shoulders, falling against the blond's chest as tears burst from his eyes. Tamlin was anything but hesitant, knitting his arms around Lucien's waist and holding him tight. Tears pricked in Prim's eyes as she watched, an absentminded smile growing on her lips.

Breaking out from what was left of the forest, Tarquin appeared, his soldiers flanking him. Their clothes were torn from flame, but apart from a  few cuts and bruises, they were okay, reaching the others as they stood in groups. Tarquin looked to Rhys who nodded, not in answer though, in confirmation. It was over.

"We really won?" whispered Prim, turning to Orion who pressed his lips to her brow.

He only nodded, brushing his mouth against her's, "We won, dearest."

Feyre moved to her mate's side, his hand snaking around her back as he addressed the group, "I've informed the Autumn Court soldiers in the change of leadership. They're leaving."

It was Nesta who stepped forward, tears glossed in her eyes as she kneeled before Lucien, the High Lord now lent against his friend's side. "Thank you," she nodded, "for ending this, for making sure no one else died."

No one else, not after Apollo.

Lucien only smiled, closing his eyes against Tamlin's shoulder. He wasn't the only one who was tired. Across the grass, Scarlet was lent on Lyra's shoulder, the other female playing with her hair as her eyes fluttered, trying to stay awake.

"I'm going to look for any women or children who need our help," Cassian announced, moving to rest his hand on Nesta's shoulder as she knelt before Lucien still, "Everyone else is welcome to head back to the house, there's enough rooms and supplies for us all, even if we have to snuggle up close."

"I'll come," said Rhys, Feyre already making her way to her and Orion, "We can all join up for lunch at the house and... discuss this mess."

It was Lucien who let out a laugh, not one of amusement but full of pain as he remained on the floor beside his father's body. With the help of Helion, Tamlin pulled Lucien up, moving toward the house that was surprisingly still standing in the distance. Nesta joined her daughter and Scarlet, following after the males and bidding goodbye to Cassian in the meantime.

"Are you two coming?" Feyre asked, eyes tearing away from where Tarquin and his soldiers, Rhys, and Cassian disappeared into the village.

Primrose looked to Orion for an answer, not quite knowing what to do with herself. The Son of Night shook his head, "We're gonna winnow to the cabin. I wanna check on Nova."

Feyre nodded with a smile, pressing a kiss to both of their cheeks before catching up with Nesta. Orion remained patiently at her side, allowing her to watch her family disappear safely into the distance before she finally turned to him. "I'm happy for them," she whispered, head burying in Orion's neck.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing his cheek to her hair, "Happy for who?"

"Lucien. And Helion," she explained, gripping Orion's leathers, "The one person who stood in the way of him seeing his son is dead... Now, Lady Autumn can have the males she loves most at her side. After hundreds of years, they got their happy ending."

"I wonder if it's worth it, all the death," he sighed, pressing a kiss to her hair, "But then I think about you. I would crawl my way out of the underworld just to be by your side. No war would keep me from you, Primrose."

She pulled away, cupping his jaw and stepping up on her toes as she pressed a kiss to his lips. His fingers dipped, pressing into her back as he drew her near, mouth moving against hers with such passion. Her hand slipped its way into his hair, gripping the strands and gasping as he bit down playfully on her lip.

When she pulled back, chest heaving, she was met with the sun warming his cheeks, his grin wide and eyes bright. "I love you more than I could ever truly explain," she breathed, holding in her giggle as Orion pressed his lips to hers once more, winnowing them upon impact.