CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

A room of blank faces stared at her as she stood before the grand table. Orion's had dropped completely, Feyre's forming a frown, but it was Nova's whose did the complete opposite. She was jumping from her chair, rushing to her with a wide grin. She lifted her onto her hip, allowing her to wrap her arms around her shoulders. "You're a High Lady, Prim! That's so cool," she squealed, pulling back to show Prim her smile once more.

Despite the coldness in her pit from everyone else, she smiled at the fae before her, "I know! I really wasn't expecting it, but I can show you everything we talked about, do you remember?"

"Pure bliss," she quoted, remembering her words after all this time, "Dears and birds and fallen branches. Can I come with you? Oh please Prim!"

Before she could deny her, Rhys spoke, his voice cold as he stood, "Nova, leave Primrose be. I'm sure she's in shock. Where did your father go, Prim?"

Prim blinked, letting Nova drop to the floor and slide back into her seat. She looked to Lucien who just nodded, turning to Rhys, "Tamlin is my emissary now, he's gone to get things set up for my arrival. With him taking a position with me, that leaves the Spring Court for his heir to take as their own, Primrose in this case."

"He can just do that?" It was Feyre, her eyes darting between Orion and Rhys, "I mean, if Primrose doesn't want—"

"I do, I've decided that this is what I want," she stated, eyes flickering to Orion who was watching her carefully, "I've loved my time here, and you've all brought me in and acted as my family, but it's time for me to go back home."

"I'll miss you," smiled Elain, her eyes glossed with tears, "Leo too, but we'll visit when you've got everything sorted and ready for guests."

Primrose nodded, "It may take a while, but I'd like that very much."

"You'll make the Spring Court brilliant, even if I hate all that pollen," said Cassian, shaking his head and scrunching up his nose, "That empty shell needs someone like you, Primrose."

She let out a laugh, hating the tears brimming in her eyes. Orion stood then, moving to comfort her, holding her tightly as she sniffled. When she pulled away, his arm wrapping around her waist and her hand resting against his chest, she brushed a kiss to his lips, his forehead resting against her own.

"You'll be leaving too?" Mor asked, looking to the boy she had adored since his birth all those years ago. Feyre and Rhys perked up, waiting for the inevitable answer from their son. Orion turned to her, whispering against her mind, Together?

She smiled, taking his other hand and squeezing it, Together. "I will," he confirmed, looking to his mother, "It's finally time for me to fly the nest."

His wings stretched from his back, earning a chuckle from Azriel who had been otherwise quiet. Orion moved to Feyre as she began to cry, tears wetting her cheeks. Primrose settled in her seat beside Nova, the young fae leaning into her side as she pressed a kiss to her hair.

"I'll always be your baby boy, no matter where I am," he whispered, "I've found my person, just like you did, and I'd follow her wherever she needed to go. We'll visit, you'll get sick of us."

Feyre held her son to her, head against his neck as his hands rubbed her back, "Never. I'll never get sick of seeing you, my love."

Nova, it seemed, had begun to understand what was truly happening, crawling into Prim's lap as the elder fae rocked her. Across the table, Elain was wiping away a tear, Nesta biting down on her lip as creases filled her forehead. Rhys looked to his son, his head on his mother's shoulder as she wept against him. Primrose couldn't figure out if they were talking silently in their heads, or if even that wasn't needed. Rhys just nodded, a small smile curling his lips as Orion nodded in return before pulling away from Feyre.

"Don't cry, Mommy," he whispered, tears in his own eyes despite his words, "Let's enjoy this last meal together."

She nodded, allowing Rhys to wipe her tears as everyone turned back to their meals. Nova moved her plate right against Prim's, remaining in her lap. She never wanted to let her go. Even with Tarquin and Helion, Thesan and his captain, Primrose still felt comfortable, still felt like everyone she needed was here, everyone she needed to say goodbye to. But that could wait, they still had time and she wasn't ready just yet.