CHAPTER ELEVEN

Prim was sat within the River Estate, Nova at her side. They had made hot chocolates and had started piecing together a puzzle. There was a fire blazing before them in the fireplace as the rain got heavier outside. Nova had insisted that Prim sat with her when she had arrived, and for the last hour, she had been within the company of her sister-in-law. She found she much prefered it to her husband's company. Rhysand had not told Orion where Prim was but she knew it was only a matter of time before he came here.

"There!" Nova cheered, looking down at the puzzle before them, "Now that the outside is done it will be so much easier to do the rest!"

Prim smiled, "You know, I've never done a puzzle. When I was younger, I was always reading in my spare time."

Nova gasped, turning to Prim with wide eyes, "You've never done a puzzle? Puzzles are my favourite, I have a collection, I'll show you later."

Prim nodded, turning a puzzle piece over between her fingers, "Okay, I'd like that."

Nova sipped at her hot chocolate, the cream getting on her lip and the younger girl bursting into giggles upon seeing her foamy moustache in the mirror. Prim found herself laughing, it was very easy to laugh around Nova. Laying back down on her stomach, Nova continued with the puzzle that simply depicted the night sky. Prim sat crosslegged upon the carpet, the warmth of the fire on her back, leaning forward to place a piece down that made up the image of a black cat lurking on a brick wall against the moonlight. Prim was in the view of the door as someone entered, Nova turning and running into their arms.

Orion pulled his little sister up, her arms going around his neck and her legs around his waist. She was far too old to need picking up anymore but Orion did it anyway. Prim stood slowly, watching the siblings as they whispered together and Nova pinched Orion's cheeks.

"No," Nova moaned suddenly, pulling away from Orion and rushing to stand in front of Prim, "You can't take her, she's doing a puzzle with me!"

Nova had taken Prim's hand and Prim couldn't help but step closer to the little girl. She wanted to stay with her, also. Prim shrugged at Orion, "You heard her. Puzzles are very important, right Nova?"

Nova struck her fist into the air, "Right!"

Orion was about to say something when Feyre entered, beautifully dressed in shades of deep purple. She moved past Orion and into the room but didn't enter it completely. Instead, she stood smiling at her daughter, holding a hand out to her, "Dinner time, baby girl."

Nova turned to Prim with a pout, "Can we finish the puzzle another time?"

Prim leant down to Nova's height, kissing her forehead gently, "Of course, sweetheart. I'll see you later, okay?"

Nova nodded, turning to take her mother's hand and leaving the room without another word. Not-so-subtly, Feyre shut the door behind her upon leaving. Orion moved forward and Prim watched him as he smiled down at Nova's puzzle.

"She's clearly the better sibling then," Prim deadpanned bitterly, moving to sit in one of the armchairs.

"I guess I deserve that, but yes, Nova is better than I will ever be," Orion stated, moving to stand in front of Prim rather awkwardly.

"If you were expecting me to forgive you, that is not happening," Prim snapped, watching as Orion recoiled slightly.

"Prim, I'm so sorry," he sighed, rubbing his face frustratedly, "You know how my Uncle is, I had to say that otherwise he wouldn't have left me alone. I... Prim, I would never... I care about you-"

Prim scoffed, "If you cared about me you wouldn't have wanted to fuck me so carelessly! That's what you said right? That you wanted to fuck me?"

Orion's face dropped completely, "Primrose, please, I would never treat you like that."

"That's what you said right?" she repeated, standing up to meet his gaze.

"Prim, please-" He begged, his eyes pleading.

"That's what you said right?" She was in his face now, inches apart from one another.

"Yes, okay! Is that what you want to hear? I said that! But I didn't mean it, I was being a prick and showing off and-"

Prim had heard enough. She was becoming tired of this life, tired of having to go back and forth with Orion - with everything, with everyone. She slowly sat back down, "Please leave me alone."

Orion moved forward, getting onto his knees before her. "Do you want me to beg?" he asked, "I'll fucking beg Prim. I'm so fucking sorry."

Prim shook her head, hating how a tear scattered across her cheek as she did so, "I want you to leave, that's all I want. I have nothing left to say, Orion."

Orion stood, shoving his hands into his pockets. He had a stubborn look, his lips in a tight line, "I won't leave."

Primrose stared up at him, his lips were completely chapped, his lower lip was torn up from where he had chewed it no doubt. Did he really care that much to beat himself up over what he said?

Prim's voice was quiet but meaningful as she spoke, "Then I will. I don't want to be near you right now. I don't want to see you, or hear you or even smell you. Understood?"

Standing quickly, Prim brushed past Orion and moved toward the door. Something was pulling her to him. Something telling her not to leave so soon, to at least hear him out. Prim stopped with her hand on the handle, breathing gently and deciding what she wanted to do.

Orion's voice broke against the crackle of the fire, "I want to start again. Can we start again, Prim?"

Prim didn't turn, couldn't bring herself to face him. Something stronger than her was telling her to forgive him. She wanted to forgive him.

"I'll think about it," Prim replied, hearing Orion sigh with relief. Primrose turned the handle, leaving the room and Orion behind.

She stood there, alone in the hallway, thinking about the options she had left. With a bitter taste in her mouth, Prim decided that there was one place she could go. One place she could truly lose herself. Winnowing away, Prim found herself at the bar of Rita's, though she did not stay there. Despite not being in the proper attire, Prim headed for the staircase, making her way to the club the floor above.