CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The next morning, Orion, Prim and the other members of the court were due to be at the Day Court at noon. Prim had dressed in gold, a simple tight gown that had white flowers along the rim and puffed sleeves. An addition of white clips in her hair and white slippers had completed the outfit and she had happily sauntered downstairs to find Orion. She was beyond excited to see another court, but also excited to finally have warm weather again. Orion was waiting in the foyer, dressed in black trousers and a yellow patterned short sleeve shirt. He held his hand out to her silently and she took it, allowing him to winnow them to the River Estate where they were meeting the others.

Everyone was waiting for them, and only Mor had joined in on their day court dress code. Other than that, everyone looked as they usually did, though a little more professional. Rhys was in a suit, and Feyre and Nesta were in dresses. Cassian and Azriel were in their usual fighting leathers and Amren wore a two-piece trouser and top set.

"Everyone ready?" Rhys asked, taking Feyre's hand and addressing the rest of his family. Prim still wasn't sure whether she considered herself part of it or not. Everyone nodded, a few people joining hands as they did so. Prim's hand was still in Orion's. Within a few seconds, everyone winnowed and Prim gasped as the emerged in a white foyer.

The building in which they stood was completely white, decorated with golden furniture and paintings. It was almost blinding, but in a good way. She could feel the warmth on her bare arms and see how the entire foyer was bathed in gold sunlight. It was stunning. Orion had dropped Prim's hand gently and she turned to see a dark-skinned man entire from the hallway. Rhys stepped forward to talk to him and Prim knew straight away, without even having to guess, that it was Helion. He was very beautiful, Prim thought.

Soon after Rhys had greeted Helion, the High Lord of Day lead the Night Court's representatives into his meeting room. Not many seats were filled, which was rather good seeing as there were so many people from the Night Court present. The High Lord of the Dawn court was sat with his lover at his side, smiling brightly at him. Prim felt her heart flutter at the look he gave him, there was something so intimate in his stare. There was a woman sitting opposite them, her hair red and her eyes russet. Prim tried not to gasp as she realised who it was; Lucien's mother, the Lady of the Autumn court - or, at least she used to be.

Prim followed Orion's lead at they all sat down, all but Azriel and Cassian who stood proudly behind Rhysand and Feyre. Helion took his seat at the head of the table, his lady to the right of him. Helion let out a long sigh, "I'd like to start by apologizing for this. Beron knew all along about the affair between me and his wife. It was my idea alone to go public with this information, only because I wanted a relationship with my son. I did not realise that his retaliation to everyone finding out would be to start a war and for that, I am deeply sorry."

Rhys nodded understandingly, "Do not apologize, Helion. I, too, would do anything for my children. We understand why you have done this and me and my people will fight alongside you if need be."

Helion smiled, not having the chance to say anything else as Thesan spoke up. His voice was soft, like velvet, but utterly meaningful and thick nonetheless, "I agree with Rhys. Though I must add that this war is seeming more and more likely. A few of my soldiers have reported seeing what they believe to be Autumn Court soldiers crossing into the Winter Court."

"And Kallias?" Mor asked, "What has he said of this?"

It was Thesan's lover who spoke next, the Dawn Court's captain of the guard, "Neither he nor Viviane have said anything."

Mor shook her head in disbelief and sunk back in her seat. Before she could stop herself, Prim had lent forward, turning her head toward Helion and Thesan. "And what of the other seasonal courts, where do they stand on this?" She asked, the other High Lords looking to her and then at Rhys.

Rhys nodded, she was speaking for him, for his court.

Helion cleared his throat and looked to Prim, "We do not know. It's likely Summer and Spring would ally with Autumn because its the easier option. Knowing Kallias and Viviane, it would be difficult for them to join us so it is probably more clever for them personally if they allow themselves to be corrupted."

"Viviane wouldn't just choose the easier option," Mor snapped, "She would fight with us, I'm sure of it."

"So would my father," Prim added, grinning at Mor who was looking rather thankful for her attendance. 

Helion shook his head, "I don't think-"

"Listen to what she has to say," Hissed Orion, everyone immediately turned to him with wide eyes. Even Rhys seemed surprised that his son had spoken out against a High Lord.

Orion moved slowly toward Prim, whispering into her ear, "Sorry, I didn't mean to undermind you."

She gave him a small smile, whispering back, "It's okay, thank you."

Prim slowly turned to look at Helion, and he did not seem angry. In fact, he seemed rather impressed. He gave Prim a quick nod and a smile. With a deep exhale, Prim continued what she had wanted to say earlier, "If I tell my father that I'm staying here, fighting alongside the solar courts, he would join. I know he would."

To Prim's surprise, it was Feyre who spoke next, "And you plan on staying?"

She thought what that meant, what she was truly saying and confirming to. There would be no going back after this. She thought of her dad, of everything he had been through and how his name had been endlessly dragged through the mud. She had given up so much already and she wasn't going to stop now. Her father would truly ally with the Night Court and respect would be given to him. That's what she told herself, but there was a part of her that was doing this simply because she wanted to. 

Prim turned, not toward Feyre but toward Orion, "Yes."

From that moment on, she was a part of the Night Court. She was a part of the family that had made there and was taking up her role as Orion's wife. She would help them stop this war, she would do things she wouldn't have done before just to keep both the Night and Spring Court safe.