CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The meeting had gone well, far better than anyone had expected. Thesan had planned on confronting Kallias and Viviane, while Prim and Orion would pay a visit to the Spring Court to update Tamlin on the alliance. But that was all happening tomorrow, and now Primrose was sat with Orion and Feyre, celebrating the small victory with afternoon tea. They were sat around a circular table within the River Estate, taking small sandwiches, scones and miniature cakes off of the stand before them. Both Feyre and Orion were drinking coffees with their food whilst Prim sipped on a hot chocolate, drowning in the rich chocolatey flavour.

"I have to say," Feyre started, sipping at her coffee, "I was rather surprised when you said you were staying with us."

Prim stopped her scone only inches from her mouth, slowly setting it back down on the plate. "Really?" she asked, "How come?"

Orion turned curiously to hear his mother's response. "I know how much you love your father, Primrose. I didn't expect you to leave him behind so easily." Feyre explained simply before taking a slice of cake and placing it onto her plate.

Prim sighed, "See, that's where you're wrong. I'm not leaving him behind, in a way I'm pushing him forward. The Spring Court having a true valid alliance with the Night Court makes it stronger than it has ever been before."

Orion's face lit up with a smile as he listened to his wife talk. He gave her a quick wink as she looked at him from the corner of her eye. Feyre smiled knowingly, "You're quite clever, I'm glad there's a place for you here in our court. It's nice to have a mind like yours."

"Like mine?" Prim asked curiously, a large smile on her lips. She had waited for this since the beginning when she first came to the court, had waited this long to feel apart of them. To finally feel appreciated and valued.

Feyre nodded, "Compassionate but strategic. Selfish yet selfless in the same way. We're very lucky to have you, Prim."

Prim felt her eyes prickle as she relistened to Feyre's words, "Oh, Feyre I-"

Before she could finish, Rhys burst into the room, a look of pure horror upon his face. He looked around the room, passing his wife and son as his gaze settled on Prim. Orion stood from his chair, looking at his father, "What is it, what's wrong?"

"The Spring Court..." He breathed, looking from Orion to Prim, "Rosehall Manor has been attacked."

Without even thinking, without taking a second to gather her thoughts, Prim winnowed. The darkness felt infinite as she travelled home, awaiting the destruction that she would arrive to. Rosehall Manor was the place she grew up in, the place that held her best memories. It couldn't be destroyed, it couldn't be broken in any way - it just couldn't.

Prim landed in the lawn before the manor, stumbling forward as her feet met the solid ground. She heard three people appear behind her and did not have to turn to know that she had been followed. The steps leading up to the manor were untouched, but the manor itself...

The windows had been completely smashed, both doors knocked from their hinges and the roof had fallen in onto the rest of the building. It was completely crushed. Prim heard herself cry out, a shaky palm moving to cover her mouth. She moved along the side of the destroyed manor, looking at all the flowers that had been crushed by falling bits of brick. "Daddy?" she called out, her voice hoarse as she yelled.

She turned on her heel, rushing back up toward the stairs of the manor. Orion, knowing what she was doing, called out to her, "Prim, don't! It's not safe."

She wasn't listening to him as she ducked beneath the unlevel entryway and slid into the manor. The art pieces on the wall had been torn, multiple frames on the floor or hanging from the walls. The sitting room was completely crushed beneath the upper levels. She moved up the grand staircase when she saw a hand reaching out from under the rubble. The stairs were creaking beneath her weight as she ran up them. With all the power she had left, Prim pushed back the rocks and bricks. She fell back, surprisingly into a pair of arms, as she realised who it was. Malida - the person who, alongside her father, had helped raise her.

Prim was screaming and thrashing in Orion's arms as he hauled her from the landing, carrying her back down the stairs. "I need to find my dad!" She cried, "I need to know if he's alive!"

Orion ignored her demands and pulled her out of the manor, setting Prim down on the lawn once they were out and on secure ground. He kneeled before her and brushed back her hair from her brow, "We'll find him okay? I promise."

Prim hadn't even realised she had started crying until Orion began wiping her tears, helping her stand and wrapping an arm around her waist. Weak from everything, Prim allowed herself to lean into Orion, her tears wetting his shirt. She could hear as Feyre and Rhysand called out her father's name, their voices echoing over the grounds. Prim was shaking within Orion's arms, her vision completely blurred with tears.

She had almost given up hope when someone came around the side of the manor, limping as they crossed onto the lawn. All it took was the sight of golden hair and Prim was pulling away from Orion and running once more. She took in the scratch on his forehead, the blood running down his trouser leg and the way he looked so incredibly tired. Prim slowed down as she reached him, not wanting to hurt him further as she wrapped her arms around her father. His arms were tight around her waist as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, "I'm okay, sweetheart. I'm alright."

"Malida, she..." Prim cried, her face pressed into her father's chest, "I thought I lost you too."

"You'll never lose me," he insisted, rubbing her back gently, "I'm never going to leave you, Primrose."

Prim could hear as Feyre, Rhys and Orion approached them. Rhys spoke first, straight to business as he always was, "What happened?"

Tamlin pulled away from Prim, looking to the others. She stood at his side, leaning into him slightly and trying to forget the terror she had felt moments ago when she thought he was gone.

"It was Summer Court soldiers," Tamlin sighed, "No doubt on Beron's orders. It was all so sudden, we didn't have time to react."

Prim looked to Rhys, her eyes full of tears, "This is all my fault, isn't it?"

"We don't know that." Replied Rhys, offering her a gentle smile.

"Your fault?" Tamlin asked confusingly, looking down at his daughter, "Why would this be your fault?"

"She confirmed her alliance with the Night Court in a meeting this morning." Orion stated, knowing Prim herself wouldn't be able to produce the words without tears, "Primrose being allied with us officially means the Spring Court is as well. I don't know how the Autumn Court got word of this but there is simply no other explanation for this attack."

Tamlin nodded slowly, taking everything in, "Then we need to have a meeting again to discuss everything that has happened here. Can you contact Helion and Thesan?"

Rhys nodded, "Yes, we can hold it in my court."

Another meeting would clear things up between the Solar Court and Spring. Prim couldn't help but feel guilty, she had caused this. She was the reason Malida was dead. Her father had stepped away from her and was now talking with Feyre and Rhysand. Prim's body became covered in chills and goosebumps. Orion moved toward her, smiling gently and taking her hand. They winnowed first, going back to the River Estate where another meeting would be held. Prim did not let go of Orion's hand once they arrived, could not let go for fear of falling apart.