CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Bathing had never felt so good until Prim slipped beneath the warm, bubbly waters in her ensuite bathroom. Her skin tingled as she sat against the bottom of the tub, letting out a sigh as the water kissed at her naked body. Her hair was tied up in a bun atop of her head, her legs stretching out before her as she let her hand fall between her thighs. After Orion had left to get her food, there had been an endless ache in her core. When he returned he hadn't been the same, perhaps because Nova was there, but still there was something in her that wanted him. Her hand worked now where she wanted him most, her fingers exploring that sensitive bundle of nerves. She wanted him to comfort her again, wanted him to stay by her side and never leave. Prim let her head fall back, a moan escaping her lips as she slipped two fingers inside of herself. She wanted that release, a release that Orion had unknowingly built up as their connection grew stronger. She imagined her hand was his, his name falling from her lips in whispers. Her legs started to shake as her fingers pumped, her chest heaving as her other hand kneaded her breast.

"Fuck," she cried, her fingers curling to meet that one spot that caused her to shatter. Her hand cupped over her mouth as an orgasm ripped through her, her core tightening and her clit pulsing with the pleasure she had dragged out. Her chest rose and fell with each breath, her hand pulling away from her core as she recovered.

After washing herself over, her body glistening with vanilla soap that would hopefully cover the smell of her arousal, Primrose climbed out for the tub, wrapping a towel around herself and moving with wet feet into her bedroom. After drying herself, she dressed simply in a pair of black trousers and a pale pink shirt, her hair remaining in a bun and her feet still bare as she slipped out of her room. Voices rose through closed doors as Prim descended the stairs, she had checked Orion's bedroom as she passed but he was nowhere to be seen. She headed for the dining room, pressing open the door to find Rhys, Feyre and Orion sat together.

"Oh," Prim blinked, her hand clutching the door handle, "Am I interrupting?"

Feyre shook her head, moving from her chair and toward Prim. Her hands reached out and the next thing Prim knew, she was in a tight hug with her mother-in-law. Prim patted Feyre's back, smiling gently and resting her head on her shoulder. "I'm so glad you're okay," Feyre breathed, moving back to cup Prim's cheeks.

"Thank you," Prim smiled, following Feyre as she moved back to the table. She took a seat next to her, opposite from Orion who was sipping his coffee rather than looking at her.

"It's good to see you've recovered," said Rhys, though the thin line of his lips wasn't too convincing.

Prim nodded, biting down on her lip, "Yeah... I'm feeling a lot better."

Orion flicked his eyes to her, holding her gaze for a moment before dropping it back to his mug. He had to know, he had to feel that tug inside of him that led to her. Perhaps he didn't want it like she did. Perhaps he didn't want to be her mate after all.

"We should tell her," He muttered, his shoulders tense as he looked to his father, "She needs to know."

The way Orion spoke made shivers run down her spine. Prim looked to Rhysand, "What? What do I need to know?"

Rhys sighed, running a hand through his hair as he turned to look at Prim, "While you were unconscious Beron made a statement. Eris is dead, and he plans to retaliate on us. This is getting so much bigger than it originally was and so many more people are going to get hurt because of this, because of what you did."

"B-but they killed one of us first! They killed Apollo and we-"

"Yes, I know that Primrose but Eris is Beron's son, it's completely different." Rhys snapped, Feyre moving to take his hand and rubbing her thumb over the back of his palm. Rhys visually calmed, looking to his mate with a small smile.

Prim's eyes were stinging, tears building up as she spoke, "I'm sorry, I am, but I would still be there if I hadn't done something. Eris would have hurt me, or worse. You couldn't just expect me to stand there and do nothing."

"He would have kept you locked away, but he would not have hurt you." Rhys insisted, his purple eyes fiery,  "We would have got you out one way or another, you didn't have to stab him."

"Yes, she did." Orion breathed, everyone turning to look at him, "She may not be important to you, father, but she is important to me. I'm glad she stabbed him, otherwise, she would still be there. We can deal with whatever Beron throws at us. But I cannot deal with being apart from Primrose."

The feeling of a lone tear wettened Prim's cheek, her lips curling into a smile as she looked at Orion. Rhys was saying something, something that Prim completely drowned out as she zoned in on the boy before her. His lashes fluttered gently over deep blue eyes as he watched her, a smile curling his lips as his foot brushed her leg beneath the table.

A crash echoed through the room as the door swang open, Azriel in the doorway, his face pale. Rhysand and Feyre stood, Primrose pulling away in confusion and Orion gripping the arm of his chair, ready to stand should he need to.

"Az..." Rhys started, "What is it, brother?"

Azriel swallowed, his throat bobbing as he caught his breath, "It's Elain, she's gone into labour."

Prim blinked, raising from her chair as Feyre rushed past her and toward Azriel. Elain wasn't due for another six weeks yet, she couldn't have gone into labour so soon. Stress, Prim realised, wasn't good for pregnant women, it could affect the baby. Had she done this? Had she caused this with the effect of her actions? If anything happened to Elain or her baby, it would be all her fault.