CHAPTER TWELVE

The atmosphere in the club was like nothing she had ever experienced before. People danced against one another, intoxicated and overly-joyous. It reminded Prim of Calanmai, the festival where her father would allow her to get drunk and dance with strangers. She would share kisses with them, dancing until her feet became sore. This was wholly similar.

Prim had a beer bottle in her hand, her hair flowing wildly around her as she danced. Someone was dancing behind her, their hands upon Prim's hips. She found in her drunken state that she did not mind. Her lips almost felt numb from how many people she had kissed, her neck no doubt covered in both lipstick and light nip marks.

Taking a sip of her beer, Prim turned, the guy before her had long red hair. Prim couldn't help but grip it between her fingers as he moved to kiss her. His lips were not soft. In fact, they were rather rough and ravenous as they moved against her own. His hands found her ass and Prim gasped as he pushed himself against her, both of them crashing into the wall. He was kissing her neck, her breasts, pushing her dress up with his fingers. Prim rested her head back against the wall, her hands secured around the redhead's shoulders. His thumb brushed against her panties and she felt something in her jolt alive. She wanted this, but not with some stranger. She wanted this with-

Prim shrieked as the redheaded man was tossed away from her. Someone had grabbed him, hauling him off her so hard that he crashed onto the floor and did not get back up. Prim didn't even pull her dress back down as she turned to the person who had done it. They stared at her in utter shock and disbelief. Taking in her panties that were currently on show, the way her breasts had been pulled up slightly out of her bra. Her dishevelled hair and marked neck.

"We're going home, now." Snapped Orion, grabbing Prim's arm before she had time to protest. Not that she would have.

Prim staggered into Orion's arms and they winnowed. In the empty blackness, Prim could still feel the anger that erupted in Orion like wildfire. Orion had winnowed them back to the house of wind, directly back to Prim's bedroom. She moaned out as she landed on her bed, Orion atop of her. He was holding her hands down, straddling her to keep her in place. "Get the fuck off me!" she cried out, thrashing with her legs.

"You stink of alcohol," He hissed, only holding her tighter. He was shaking slightly, no doubt from anger. Prim did not feel threatened, did not feel unsafe. Somehow, she still felt safe with him even in this state.

"So what? Am I not allowed to drink now?" She asked, leaning up to meet his face only inches from her's. She could feel the warmth from his breath. His hair was hanging down, brushing into his eyes, his brows were so heavily furrowed as he stared down at her.

"You're not allowed to cheat on me, Prim. Were you just going to let that guy finger you in the middle of the club?" He asked, clearly not wanting to know the answer. Disgust dripped from his words, Prim almost felt bad for how she had behaved.

Prim chuckled hysterically, "You say that as if our relationship means something! I'm not in love with you, Orion. I'm sorry if that hurts your fucking ego but I don't love you."

"I know that!" He cried, his fists gripping the pillow, "I just- What will people think, Prim? We're supposed to be husband and wife!"

"Like you care what people think!" She yelled, "Tell me why you care so much!"

Orion shook his head, climbing off of Prim and stepping down from the bed, "Just promise me you won't do that again."

"Why?" she rolled her eyes, climbing off the bed to meet him, "So I can be your own personal whore?"

"I knew you would never understand!" He snapped, moving to grab her shoulders, "I just want to fucking shake you to make you understand!"

"All that talk at the river estate today? That was utter bullshit wasn't it?" She asked, stepping away from him.

"No!" He said, running his hands frustratedly through his hair, "Please Prim, you're making this so difficult!"

"Me?" she snapped, laughing slightly, "You're the one not making any sense!"

Orion sighed, "Just talk to me in the morning when you're sober okay, I can't deal with this."

Orion moved toward the door but Prim moved quicker, she slammed the door shut, pushing Orion up against it. He gasped as she pushed her knee up against his stomach, her hand beside his head to keep him in place.

"You don't get to do that!" She cried, "You don't get to say shit like that and disappear!"

Orion was still against her, his breathing steady. He reached forward to brush a piece of hair back behind her ear, "Sometimes I wish you hated me as much as I want to hate you."

"What does that even mean?" Prim asked, pulling back from Orion.

Orion gave her a small smile, opening up the door, "You'll figure it out eventually."

Prim could do nothing but stand there as he left, letting the door swing shut behind him. Prim kept staring at the door, her breath was tight in her chest and the alcohol she consumed wasn't helping. Moving through her room, Prim crossed into the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. Her mascara was smeared under her eyes, her lipstick smudged onto her chin.

Moving her hair aside, Prim scrubbed at the lipstick on her neck, revealing bruises beneath. They would be gone by the morning but that didn't matter to her. They were there now, as a mark to prove how she had messed up. Orion had been right, they may be married out of arrangements and bargains but they were still married. Prim had raised her fist before she could stop herself, smashing it into the middle of the mirror and watching it shatter. Prim didn't cry out as her skin split on the shards, blood rushing down her hand. Instead, she began to pick up the shards from out of the sink, not caring as they pierced her palm. Tears streaked down her cheeks as she dumped the bloody glass shards into the bin, letting the night fade into blackness around her.