CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Orion had lost, Prim had expected as much. Apollo had been trained as an Illyrian warrior since he was a child, while Orion had grown up as the High Lord's son in one of the safest cities in Prythian. Despite being cousins, they had rather different lives. After Orion had insisted on more training, Primrose had headed back to the cabins with Lyra. Scarlet had been waiting at the cabin when they arrived, bags of food she had brought from the store lined up on the counter. Primrose wondered if Scarlet was friends with Apollo or Lyra, having clearly been known by Orion, but when Lyra danced across the kitchen titles to press a kiss to Scarlet's lips, she realised it was much more than that. Prim stood awkwardly to the side as Scarlet wrapped her arm around Lyra's waist, the latter girl peering curiously into the shopping bags.

Having realised that Prim was there, Scarlet turned, her mouth dropping open slightly, "You again! I didn't catch your name!"

Prim stepped forward with a gentle smile, content on being the third wheel, "I'm Primrose,"

Scarlet gasped, looking from Lyra and back to Prim, "You're Orion's wife?"

Prim chuckled with a gentle nod, beginning to remove her hat, scarf and gloves, "Yes, and are you- um, you're Lyra's..."

"Fiance." Scarlet grinned, kissing Lyra on the cheek. It was very obvious to anyone who saw them that they were in love.

"Well then, congratulations," Primrose replied, looking down at her own ring as she set her gloves into her coat pocket.

"Thank you, I finally got her to say yes!" Scarlet chuckled, dodging as Lyra went to playfully slap her ass, "Ly, why don't you show Prim around while I start dinner?"

Lyra nodded, slipping past Scarlet with a smirk and pulling Prim into the hall. Prim set her coat upon the hook and shoved her hat hastily into the pocket before following Lyra into the sitting room. There were two leather sofas, each covered in blankets and pillows. Toward the back of the room was a large fireplace and mantel, upon it stood multiple books lined up against the brick wall. It was perhaps one of the cosiest rooms Prim had ever entered. The dining room was rather simple and clean, a six chair dining table made out of fine wood with a candelabra hanging above it. There were a few pieces of art hung up on the walls that beautifully depicted Velaris. The upper level of the cabin had three bedrooms; Apollo's which was rather messy, Lyra and Scarlet's that was rather cluttered seeing as the two girls were sharing such a small space, and a spare room that simply had a bed and a few extra pieces of furniture. There was one bathroom that they all shared and a small storing cupboard that Lyra quickly skipped over. Prim found that she just liked listening to Lyra talk, that there was something soothing in the way her voice sounded and the way she pronounced her words.

By the time they headed back downstairs, Orion and Apollo had trudged indoors, sitting before the fire and removing their armour. As she and Lyra entered the sitting room, Prim gasped at the blood running from Orion's nose. Rushing into the kitchen, Prim grabbed a paper towel, passing it to Orion. Prim couldn't help but scowl at Apollo as she stood at Orion's side, watching as he tipped his head forward and held the tissue to his nose. 

Apollo put his hands up innocently, "I promise it's not broken."

"It's my fault anyway," Orion chuckled, Primrose leading him to the couch so he didn't get too dizzy, "I stepped into the punch instead of blocking."

"Don't worry, Primrose," Lyra added, smacking her brother on the shoulder, "We halfbreeds heal quickly."

Prim nodded slowly, realising she was most definitely overreacting. Orion squeezed her hand, smiling his gentle smile and removing the tissue from his nose. The bleeding had stopped but the stain of blood remained, Prim took the tissue from him and tried to wipe up most of the more recent blood before it dried. She had one hand cupping his chin to keep him in place, and for a moment, she imagined what other situations she could find herself cupping his chin.