sign of the times

DISCLAIMER
I'd recommend listening to 'sign of the times' by harry styles during this
---------------------------
angst
-------------------------

dream could feel his bones ache as the moment came closer and closer. he didn't want to do it but he had to, they'd never work in the long run at this rate. they were in a constant cycle of fighting and crying to making up and making love, george deserved better and dream knew that; though he wanted to be better they weren't ready. george was the most important person in dreams life as was dream in george's but this wasn't anywhere near healthy yet they could never stay away from one another for long.

dream took a deep breath and open the door revealing george. he was smiling he didn't expect what would soon be coming.

dream wiped his hands on his jeans and stepped to the side. "come in" dream mumbled.

george put his arms around dreams waist as he entered. "I've missed you" he said giggling.

"it's not been long since we've last been in person george" dream squirmed out of george's grip and closed the door.

"I know but I miss you after seconds of leaving here" george said walking through the apartment.

"t-thats" dream paused thinking of the right words "..interesting" he finished following george through the apartment.

"not really interesting" george planted himself on dreams leather sofa. "why'd you call me over" george rested his head on the sofa.

"I um" dream didn't know the words to say. george seemed so happy and he didn't want to be the person to destroy that for him. they were happy for the time being but last they spoke they weren't. dream knew the cycle would repeat if he didn't stop it but did he want it to be stopped was his question. he's tried before of course he has but they always end up back in.

"george we've been here before" dream tried his best to make sense sitting himself on the sofa as well.

"what do you mean, its your apartment of course we have" george cocked his eyebrow and turned to face dream.

"no george" dream sighed. "not this place physically b-but" dream stared up at the ceiling trying to find the right words. "not here physically but here being us, I mean the way we are with eachother" dream took a deep breath then looked to george. "this place being the relationship we've built together" dream mumbled looking back to the ceiling.

"what" george scuffed. "what's wrong with our relationship dream?" george asked with obvious anger. "I thought we were doing well this time" george's eyes grew glossy as he spoke.

"better george?" dream huffed. "do you even remember what you did last night?" dream mumbled looking into george's teary eyes.

george stared at dream remembering what had happened the pervious night. a tear fell from his eye and went down his cheek.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"why's it so hot in this damn house dream?" sapnap yelled out.

"maybe cause you're in here" dream giggled as he spoke.

george laughed along but he felt hurt by what dream had said. he picked his phone up and opened his messages with dream.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe you'd say something like that

what?

I can't believe you'd say something like that knowing we're together

oh come on george it was joke obviously

it didn't seem like a joke dream

well it was can you please let it go

why don't you go date sapnap if he's so hot dream

you've got to be kidding me
-----------------------------------------------------------

george's phone began ringing. dream was calling him. george looked at the discord call seeing dream deafen so he did the same. george answered the call and put dream on speaker.

"george are you serious?" dream asked.

"I literally can not believe you" george mumbled spinning his chair side to side.

"it was an obvious joke george you're acting silly" dream explained.

"no I'm not dream" george huffed. "you know what goodbye dream" george hung up the call and blocked dreams number. george left the discord call and hadn't answered anyones messages the entire night.

in the morning george unblocked dream and messaged him as though nothing happened previously.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"that was outrageous george" dream said sitting straight.

"no it wasn't" george hit his own thigh in anger of the situation.

"george we've got to get away" dream scuffed grabbing his own hair. "just look at us we'd never work george" he added looking to the ceiling.

"no dream I-" george had tears running down his face. "I can change dream please don't" george pleaded as his warm tears flew down his cheeks.

"just stop your crying" dream looked at the mess george became "its a sign of the times george" a tear fell from dreams face.

"we never learn george" dream mumbled "we've been here before" he added.

"I don't want the end to be near dream" tears continued to fall from george's face.

"stop you're crying baby it'll be alright" dream wiped george's face.
"welcome to the final show" dream mumbled kissing george's forehead.

"we can meet again somewhere" george mumbled tears still falling.

"somewhere far away from here george" dream nodded as tears fell from his face.

"why are we always stuck running from the bullets?" george asked pushing his face into dreams shoulder.

"the bullets?" dream asked wrapping his arms around george.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I guess this could be called 'unfinished' but I dunno how to end it

thoughts?

votes are appreciated 🍄

eat and hydrate my loves ♡