Chapter 1

You could hear a happy chattering between a mother and the older daughter as they were getting ready for the arrival of the important guest. They were giggling while choosing the right dresses, searching for the perfect one, everything that will impress him.

They were so happy and lost in their world that they couldn't care less about the girl that was sighing while looking at them. She envied them, they were so happy while she had to clean the house and get ready for guests as well. She wasn't the only one that was feeling like that though.

The father of these daughters didn't feel at ease as well. Today will be a hard day for him. He will have to give up one of his daughters, just so he could save this family. But he was glad to see his daughter happy about it, he was at ease a little as he saw her so excited.

They were all brought back to reality as the doorbell rang.

Mr. Rossi rushed his younger daughter upstairs to get dressed into something nice before going to open the door. He put a smile on his face as he was greeted by his long-awaited guests.

"Salvio, Lorenzo, it's so nice to finally see you gentlemen!" Mr. Rossi held the door wider so they could come in. "It's nice to see you as well Adriano, we came here a little bit early, I hope that's not a problem" Mr. De Luca stated as he looked around in the big entering hall. "No not at all" Mr. Rossi smiled as he exchanged a nod with Lorenzo before closing the door and leading them to the living room.

"Please make yourselves comfortable while I get us some drinks" Mr. Rossi said before turning around to get them a glass of scotch from the mini bar in the living room.

As he put the drinks down on the small glass table, they heard someone come down the stairs. Mr. Rossi looked up and smiled upon seeing his wife and his older daughter coming towards them. "Ah Mr. Salvio, Lorenzo, let me introduce you to my beautiful wife Laura and my beautiful daughter Caterina".

Both Salvio and Lorenzo stood up to greet the ladies. "I'm Caterina, it's nice to finally meet you" Caterina shook Lorenzo's hand, batting her eyelashes while looking him up and down.

He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Caterina. Meaning pure in Italian. But just from the way she is dressed and the way she is looking at him, he could tell there is nothing pure about her.

Lorenzo just nodded at her before sitting down again, leaving her shocked. She thought that was a bit rude but let it go anyways as she sat down next to him, making him move away from her a little. Both Mr. Rossi and Mr. De Luca looked at them before they sat down as well.

"So this will be my future daughter in law huh? Mr. De Luca commented before taking a sip of his drink. "That's right," Caterina said cheerfully while looking at him. Mr. De Luca just chuckled before looking at his son that seemed bothered and uncomfortable.

"If I'm not mistaken you have another daughter. Is that right?" Mr. De Luca asked as he looked back at Mrs. and Mr. Rossi. "Oh yes. I have to apologize for her being late, I don't know where are her manners, but we don't have to worry about her, our Caterina is more important right now" Mrs. Rossi smiled making Caterina smile as well while Lorenzo looked at the woman in disgust.

"I'm sure she will come down quickly" Mr. Rossi smiled at Mr. De Luca, feeling a little disappointed that his wife talked about their daughter like that.

As they continued with their conversation they got interrupted by the footsteps coming towards them.

"Ah, there she is! My beautiful little angel" Mr. Rossi smiled as he stood up and took his younger daughter's hand in his, making her the center of everyone's attention. "Mr. Salvio, Mr. Lorenzo, this is my younger daughter Aria Angelina, my angel," Mr. Rossi said while looking at his daughter, making her smile at the nickname she got from him since her birth.