Chapter 25

I stand in front of the mirror in the living room and fix my tie. I took the day off but I still told Aria I'm about to leave for work. I need to sort some things out and she doesn't need to know about this. She had enough painful encounters with her family so I don't want her to face them ever again. Except for her father whom I'm seeing today.

"Enzo?"

My heart stops at the sound of the nickname she started using recently. It melts me away from the way she says it so softly but also brings painful memories. My mother used to call me that. Her little Enzo. But I'm glad that, that nickname has a nice picture connected to it now.

"In the kitchen baby," I yell from my spot where I'm making my cup of coffee and soon see my beautiful little woman. She approaches me and I immediately leave a passionate kiss on her lips making her smile.

"How did you sleep?" I wrap my hand around her waist from behind as she is preparing breakfast for us.

"Really good, even though our nights together always leave me sore the morning after but the amazing sleep I get from it makes up for it."

I see her blush because of what she just said and I love that I still have that effect on her. She might be shy and innocent looking but she definitely isn't when we're in the bedroom. And the fact that she blushes just by talking about it amazes me but I love it.

"I mean we did say we have to practice baby-making." I leave a kiss on her neck to tease her and smile at the thought of the mini versions of us running around the house.

I really want to build a family with her so I can't wait for us to have our first baby.

"Anyway...how did you sleep?" I chuckle at her attempt of changing the subject but don't think of a positive answer.

I could barely sleep last night. The thought of me going to see her father and talking to him behind her back kept me up all night, but I have to do this. He has to know.

"Good." I lie.

...

After we finished with our breakfast, I kiss her goodbye and head over to my car. I put my briefcase on the passenger seat even though I don't need it today but I had to take it so it would be more believable that I'm going to work.

When I put my seatbelt on, I turn on the ignition and drive off the driveway in reverse. I try to collect my thoughts and think about how I'll bring this conversation to her dad.

He has to know what has been happening while he was away. He has to know what his daughter went through because of his wife. I just won't live with the fact that that woman is still living like a queen when she deserves nothing. His other daughter isn't any better for just staying quiet but her mother is a bigger problem.

After what I saw and heard what Aria has been through I've been seeing red just at the thought of her mother. So I decided if she doesn't want to tell her father about it, then I'll do it. He deserves to know and he needs to do something about those two horrible people.

Flashback

Last night after our first intimate night I saw faint scars on Arias's back while we were taking the bath.

I didn't want to question her then because I didn't want to ruin our moment but I knew I needed to talk about it with her. Those scars didn't look like some scratches she could've done herself, it looked more serious than that.

At that moment I couldn't think of anything or anyone that could've done that to her, but then I remembered our conversation about her mother and everything just clicked.