Chapter 26

One month later

"Enzo!" I hear Aria yelling from the shower so I go into the bathroom to see what's going on.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can you pass me the hair conditioner? I forgot to take it."

"Sure baby." I chuckle but before I give her the conditioner, I take my clothes off so I could join her in the shower. I hear her let out a gasp when I wrap my arms around her waist from behind.

"Lorenzo...I really don't have time for this." She says but puts her hands on top of mine that are laying on her stomach.

"I know, I just want to be with you before you leave. I don't think I'll be able to take the distance again." I whisper into her neck and put my chin on her shoulder.

"It's just for a day. And it's not like Lindsey's house is on another continent." She chuckles and makes me laugh with her. I know I sound ridiculous but even a day is enough for me to miss her like crazy.

"I know, I know." I squeeze her gently in my arms before I wash her hair. She loves it when I do it and I don't mind doing it, knowing that she will do the same for me and that I love it when she runs her fingers through my hair.

After we are done with our showering we get dressed and I drive Aria off to Lindsey's house before I go to my company.

I greet the people when I walk into the elevator and press the button for the last floor. When I get to my office Lucas gets in right after me.

"Someone is looking for you, Lorenzo." He tells me as I open my briefcase and take out some files.

"This early? Is it someone from the Carter corporation, for the new project we're working on?" He shakes his head but speaks.

"No, it's Aria's dad, Mr. Rossi."

I stop in my movements and wonder why would he come here. He called me to let me know that he wants to talk to me about something but I didn't expect him to come here.

"Oh, alright. You can tell him to come in."

Lucas goes out of my office and soon Mr. Rossi comes in. Lucas closes the door after him and I offer Mr. Rossi to take a seat across from me.

"How have you been son?" He asks me and gives me a small smile. "Good, thank you. What about you Mr. Rossi?"

"Could be better but I'm fine. And please just call me Adriano." I nod and lean back in my chair. "Okay Adriano, you wanted to talk to me?"

He heaves a sigh before speaking. "Yes well, this is important and I thought you should know about it before I talk to Aria as well."

I nod and intertwine my fingers on the desk to show him he has my full attention.

"I confronted Laura. She denied things at first but eventually she confessed everything. She even told me all the things she has done to Aria and she looked so unbothered by it. It was like she didn't talk about her own daughter."

He shakes his head and his face shows disgust while talking about his wife.

"I talked to Caterina too, and she didn't look any different while we talked about it. She didn't say much and she didn't even tell me why she kept quiet and didn't help her sister while going through that which honestly pains me. She is my daughter and it's hard to take the way she acted towards her sister.

So I divorced Laura and told her and Caterina to move out of the house. I didn't give them anything. I know Laura has some money from her family left, and even though it pains me to not give anything to Caterina I know she doesn't deserve it. If she wanted to act like her mother and treat her sister like that, then she can get whatever she wants from Laura."