Chapter 19

I park my car and make my way into my company with a grin on my face. 

People greet me and I notice their strange looks, probably wondering why I'm so happy and smiling. They didn't get the chance to see this side of me since I always have a stone-cold expression on.

I don't pay too much attention to them and make my way into the elevator and press the button for the last floor where my office is.

I can't describe how happy I am. Yesterday I almost had a heart attack when I heard Aria talking with her father about her leaving me. It hit me hard and right then I knew how much my feelings were strong for her. The thought of her leaving was terrifying especially now that we both confessed to each other.

That's the other thing. I felt so ecstatic when she told me she feels the same. It's been a really long time since someone cared for me like that. I thought my feelings are maybe one-sided and that thought was scaring me but now, oh man now I feel like I'm at the top of the world.

God, I sound like a fucking teenager but I can't help it. All the women I 'dated' before and that I thought really cared for me all ended up using me and that feeling is horrible. I started thinking I really wasn't worth more than my money, but then Aria showed up and proved me wrong.

I really wished I could take a free day today and spend it with her, especially after we had our first intimate moment last night.

God, that was another thing. I didn't expect us to sleep together the first day we admit our feelings for each other. I wanted to take it slow with her, to not rush anything because I didn't want to make any mistakes with her but damn did she surprise me.

The way she couldn't stop herself and the way she wanted me made me feel so good. I wanted her too, so badly like I didn't want anybody like that before. I tried to stop myself but she wasn't having it. I just hope she doesn't regret it because then I would regret it too.

Now I don't feel any trace of regret at all because I know that wasn't just a meaningless fuck like I would have in the past when I needed to relieve some stress. No, this was different, it felt different, the feelings we feel for each other, I could feel them being real at that moment and I loved it.

God, I just want to go home and be with her, to hold her, kiss her, just be around her makes my day better.

I walk towards my office and unlock it before stepping in. I close the door and move towards my desk but the door opens only seconds after.

I turn around and sit in my chair to see Lucas was the one that entered.

"Hey man, you're finally he- oh wait...woah" he stops in the middle of the room and stares at me. His eyes traveling my whole body and stopping to look at my face for some seconds.

"Hey what's up? Are you ready for the meeting?" I furrow my eyebrows when he doesn't answer and snap my fingers to bring his focus back.

"The meeting? Sure, but what kind of meeting did you have before coming here?" he smirks and puts his hands in the pockets of his dress pants.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I go through some papers that I need for today's meeting and pretend like I don't know what he's talking about when I have an idea where this is going.

"Don't act like you don't know what I mean. It's written all over you, I know that look. You had sex" he chuckles and shakes his head before continuing.

"But if you say it was not with Aria I swear I'm throwing you off this floor and out of the window even though you're my best friend and like a brother but that girl is too precious to be with an idiot like you" his eyes turn sharp and he waves his finger at me.