Chapter 21

A Few Weeks Later

It's that time of the month.

I hate it, I hate it so much. Why couldn't I be born like a man? Just why? This is torture, no matter in what position I put myself the pain doesn't go away. I huff and throw the covers off me, there is no point in trying to sleep any longer.

I slowly get out of the bed so I don't wake Lorenzo up and go into the bathroom to take a shower. I rub my stomach to try and soothe the pain but it doesn't work. I need to take a painkiller or this won't go away.

After I take my shower I put on a clean pad and change into some comfy shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I slowly close the door and go downstairs to see Lindsey in the kitchen. What is she doing here so early in the morning?

"Hey" I barely let out when I feel a sharp pain go through my lower stomach.

"Hey, are you okay?" worry covers her face immediately and I just nod.

"Yeah, just period cramps," I say and go over to a cabinet where my painkillers are. I grab a glass and fill it with water before drinking the pill. I hope the pain goes away soon.

"Ohh" she makes a face in understanding. "At least you know the birth control is working" she lets out and I can't help but laugh. "God, Lindsey" she chuckles at me and I go over to the counter to lean on it and face her.

Just as Lindsey was about to say something, Lorenzo comes into the kitchen and our eyes immediately lock.

"Baby what's wrong?" he walks towards me and puts his hand on my waist, worry lacing his voice as he looks at me. I probably don't look so great.

"The bloody bitch came to visit" Lindsey speaks before me and he quickly looks at her before he focuses on me again.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. Are you in a lot of pain?" he kisses my cheek and waits for my answer. "Yeah, but I took a pill so it should go away soon". He nods at my words and pecks my lips before he speaks again. "I'll be right back, I just need to make a call. Bye the way, how did you get in?" he looks at Lindsey now.

"Oh Mari let me in, she went out to get the groceries when I came here" she answers him and he nods before telling me that he'll be right back and he leaves the kitchen.

"You wanted to say something before he came in?". I remind her and she nods.

"Yeah, he has to ruin our moment every time" she chuckles and I laugh again. "But anyway, I wanted to spend the day with you, I thought we can watch movies or go shopping but I won't bother you now," she says and I frown.

"I'm sorry Lindsey but I don't think I have energy for any of it. Maybe some other day?".

"Don't apologize girl, if anyone knows how bad periods can be then that's me. We'll have girls day some other time" she smiles and stands up from the chair to hug me before she grabs her stuff.

"I'll leave you two now. Text me if you get bored of your man" she winks and I chuckle, following her towards the front door and closing it after she leaves. I know I should eat something because I took the painkiller but I don't have the strength to do anything so I just flop down on the couch and bring my knees towards my chest and stay like that.

"Baby? Does it hurt that bad?" Lorenzo asks and comes to sit next to me. I just nod and he starts rubbing my back.

"Oh baby...come on let's get you to bed and I'll cuddle you till it gets better" he stands up and takes me in his arms walking upstairs and into our bedroom.

"Don't you have work today?" I quietly ask as he gently puts me down in the middle of the bed and he sits behind me, pulling me towards his naked chest. "No, I just called Lucas to tell him to take over for today so I can be home with you".