Chapter 7

What did I do wrong?

I've been questioning that all day. What did I do wrong? 

I decide to go downstairs and see if Mari needs help with dinner. I stayed the whole day in my room with my thoughts. Once again I was being yelled at and without even knowing what I did to deserve that. It's the same as if I'm back home, with my mother yelling at me without a reason.

Apparently, I was sleeping in his room. But how did I end up there? I sigh and try to push those thoughts away and this feeling of sadness and hurt. I tried not to cry, I really tried. But the look he was having while yelling at me doesn't leave my mind. I was scared, I am scared.

I don't want to be this weak person, especially not over something like this. When I remember what I've been through while I was still living with my mother, this is almost nothing compared to what she's done.

But I can't help but feel hurt. I thought I would be finally left alone when I moved here. He even made it clear we don't have to interact with each other but I guess it's always going to be like that, with me just standing there and taking everything people have to say. I mean I was in his room and he did say I'm not allowed there so I guess I deserve it even though I don't even remember how I got there in the first place.

I clear my throat making Mari turn towards me when I enter the kitchen. "Honey are you okay? I was so worried about you but I didn't want to bother you" Mari comes towards me and rubs my arms in a soothing way.

"I'm okay" I heave a sigh. "Just confused" I continued and she understood what I meant by that even without me explaining it. "He just misunderstood the situation dear, but it still wasn't right for him to do what he did. I will teach him a lesson, don't worry" I chuckle at what she said and she smiles at me before explaining the whole situation where Bruno took me to his room instead of mine.

"It's my fault dear, I'm sorry" she apologizes but I'm quick to correct her. "No no, it's not your fault, please, this is just a silly misunderstanding that's all, and I'm kind of used to being treated that way so it's fine, really" I give her a small smile but I see her frown.

"But you didn't deserve that honey, none of it. And to say that you are used to it breaks my heart...oh come here" she hugs me tightly and I understand that she remembers everything I told her about my mother and everything that happened to me back home.

"You are so strong honey, remember that". We pull away and she smiles at me once more before we start making dinner together. I check on the vegetables she prepared and don't even notice the sound of the code being entered.

Now I stir the sauce that Mari left on the stove before turning around to grab a spoon and try it. But I freeze on the spot at the sight in front of me. Lorenzo.

"H-hi" I say and quickly look away. 

Wow, I'm so strong, I can't even look this man in the eye.

He doesn't say anything for a moment and I look back at him to see him staring at me. His piercing blue eyes never leave mine and I don't know if he's looking at me or looking through me.

"I'm sorry" he suddenly says making my eyes widen.

"W-what?" I whisper, shocked that he is apologizing to me. "You heard me. I'm not going to repeat myself," he says before he leaves the kitchen. I blink trying to wrap my head around this.

Wow, what an apology.

But what did I expect? I'm surprised that he even did it. I'm gonna take it considering it comes from him, this is the best I'm gonna get. And I'm fine with it, at least he apologized. That's already a bonus compared to my mother.