Chapter 22

"Hi, is Lorenzo here?".

"Yes he is, and you are?" I don't let her come in but furrow my brows as she keeps trying to see past me into the house.

"I'm his friend you could say" she smirks and I immediately get a bad feeling in my stomach. Something about her doesn't give off good vibes and I don't like the way she keeps looking me up with a face that could read disgust.

"Aria honey, who is it?" Mari comes to my side and her face falls when she looks at the woman in front of us. "Oh, it's you". It seems like Mari knows her but from the look on her face, I can see she doesn't like her either. 

I look back at the woman and she has the same expression as she did when she looked at me. Disgust.

"I see Lorenzo didn't get rid of you yet" the woman speaks and I gasp at her words. Now I really don't like her. How can she speak like that? Mari's mouth hangs open but she quickly recovers and a cold look is plastered on her face. It's the first time I see her so mad and angry.

"What? Can you just let me in? I need to see him" she rolls her eyes and I could see she is getting impatient. How does Lorenzo know this woman?

"Fine, come in" Mari says bitterly and the woman smirks pushing past us and going into the living room. She sits down on the couch and puts her purse beside her before taking her phone out.

"If you could just inform him that I'm here that would be lovely" she says in a honey toned voice that is clearly a fake voice just to seem like she is being nice but her face says it all, there is nothing nice about her.

"I'll go" I say quietly to Mari and go upstairs and towards his office. I knock on the door and after I hear his voice I come in and close the door behind me.

"Hey baby, what's up?" he smiles when he looks up from some papers and I near his desk.

"There is some woman downstairs asking to see you" I tell him and he furrows his brows. "Who is it?".

"I don't know but she's blond and she said you two are frie-" I don't get to finish my sentence when someone opens the door and the smell of a strong perfume invades the room. It's her.

"Lorenzo" she drags his name in a husky voice. "Long time no see" she smirks and walks towards his desk pushing me aside so she could sit on a sofa opposite him. I frown and look at Lorenzo. 

His face shows shock and he seems surprised to see her I just don't know if it's a good surprise or bad. I hope it's the latter. Something tells me that they have history and not in just being 'friends'. I get an unsettling feeling about that thought and just hope that this visit isn't going to end on a bad turn, for me.

"Leila" Lorenzo breathes out but his face now shows nothing, only calmness. She smiles as she crosses her legs and puts her hands on her knees, making her breasts stick out even more if that's possible.

"I see you still didn't fire the old maid but you even got a younger one" she gives me a look and I try to stay calm. Lorenzo quickly looks at me before looking at her again, his face isn't calm anymore, his eyes are narrowed and his brows furrowed.

"She is not my maid Leila. She is my girlfriend" he puts his hand out and I walk over towards him. He pulls me down to sit on his lap and smiles. "Well actually she is my wife but it's a long story, the one that requires a lot of time that I don't have to spend on you".

My eyes widen at his words that I did not expect but I can't help but feel better when I see her face. Her jaw open so much I'm afraid it will get stuck like that, her eyes bulging out but soon covering the shock with anger.