Chapter 3

Rules. He wants to discuss some rules? I couldn't help but feel confused as to why we needed rules but I kept quiet and followed him to the living room. I sat down on the couch, facing him but still keeping a good distance between us. I sighed and waited for him to speak.

"Alright. Since we will be living together, in my house, you will need to follow my rules" he looked at me, interlocking his hands and leaning his elbows on his knees before continuing.

"By following the rules we will build a good atmosphere or at least a bearable one around here and we could somehow manage together. Understood?" he asked looking at me and I gave him a small nod.

I didn't understand why he had to talk to me like that. Does it have to be so formal between us? We could at least build a friendship or normal communication so this could be easier for us. But I won't say anything. It would be better if I just keep my mouth shut. It was enough of me seeing his cold persona, I don't even know into what he could turn if I defied him. I didn't want to cause problems.

"But before coming into terms of the rules, I would like to discuss about a contract" he continued.

I furrowed my brows. "Contract?"

He nodded his head before standing up and walking towards a little glass cabinet on the left side of the living room. He opened it and took a bottle of whiskey, pouring it into a glass with two ice cubes. He returned and sat down, drinking almost the whole glass before setting it down. He took some papers that I didn't even notice were lying on the coffee table and handed me a copy.

"This contract was made by me. By signing this contract we can divorce and split our ways after two years. After my father gives me the position of the CEO he won't be able to take it away from me and we don't have to be married anymore since he won't have anything on me to hold on to this fake marriage" he explained, drinking the remaining whiskey he had before standing up to refill his glass.

"A-are you sure this will work? What about my father?" I asked worriedly.

Lorenzo came back and sat down again. "You don't have to worry about your father. He won't be affected. My father will pay him enough before that and he will be able to get out of debt. And if he still needs help with the money after those two years, I will pay him how much he needs. I just want out of this, that's all that matters to me" he said and took a sip from his glass.

He handed me the pen, pointing out where I need to sign. I looked at the bottom of the paper, his signature already there. I guess this is fine with me as long as my father won't be affected by this. I wasn't into this marriage as much as Lorenzo, so I took the pen and signed the papers.

He took them from me and took another sip of his drink before talking again.

"Now for the rules. You need to follow them so we can function somehow. The rules are simple. Do not talk to me if not necessarily, only if there is an emergency or you need help to manage around here, but for that, you can ask for help from Mari. She is my personal chef and the only woman that knows every corner of this house and is one of the people I trust the most.

Do not enter any room in this house besides yours, especially not my office. I usually don't lock it but if I see you snooping around I will. You are able to do whatever you please, I couldn't care less but just don't disturb me. If you need anything you can ask Mari as I said before or ask for Bruno and he will be there for you as well.

"I will have my own room?" I asked surprised.

"Well of course, yes. I don't want to share my room with you, let alone sleep with you. We are married but it's a fake marriage, so we don't have to share a bedroom" he said and I just nodded letting him speak further.