Chapter 12

"Good morning everyone" I greet the people in the meeting office and pull out a chair at the head of the table before sitting down. Lucas takes the seat on my right and everybody follows while they greet me back with 'good morning Mr. De Luca'.

"Okay, so" I take some papers out of my file and look at everyone before continuing. "Today we'll discuss our current project, which is the hotel in Hawaii. If anyone here has something to inform me about, please do it before we watch the final hotel presentation".

"I have some good information regarding your last changes for the hotel," one of my employees says as he stands up. I give him a nod, letting him know he can continue.

"Everything you wanted to change from what your father had previously planed is successfully done and the hotel is ready to open whenever you decide," he tells me something I like to hear so I give him another small nod and he sits back down.

This project is what ensured my CEO position but still, my father wanted to have a say in it. Of course, I wouldn't let him especially now that he is not in charge of this company anymore. Once that was settled, we play the whole presentation video of the hotel. The building is all in glass, with indoor and outdoor pools, a spa center, a big restaurant, and a night bar, with suites on the last floor and it's located just by the beach.

I hope my mom is proud and likes it even though she isn't here anymore. This was one of the last projects she planed before everything happened. I didn't want to make a new project before finishing hers, it just didn't feel right.

I dismiss everyone after we are done with the meeting and go to my office to take my stuff before heading home.

"Can I come along?" Lucas walks beside me as we enter the elevator. I shake my head at him and press the button for the parking lot.

"Since when do you ask?" I lean on the elevator wall and look at him. He usually doesn't ask to come over to my place, he doesn't need to. "You always just show up, like it's your own house".

"Is that your way of asking me to move in? Because I'm ready, I just need to pack my suitcase" he chuckles and I shake my head again.

"There's no way I would let you live with me. I love you like a brother but every time you stay the night my house gets ruined like a tornado went through it" I chuckle and we step out of the elevator to get to my car where Bruno is waiting.

"Did the cold Lorenzo just say he loves me?! Awe man I love you too!" he holds his heart and makes a face but I roll my eyes at him.

We both greet Bruno and get in the back seats. I tug on my tie and look over at him. "You are unbelievable".

"You still love me though" he chuckles and then continues. "But I wouldn't move in with you, especially now that you are a married man. I wouldn't want to intrude on the lover's nest" he smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. I only shake my head at him and look out of the window.

At the mention of me being married my mind goes straight to Aria. I don't know why but I feel excited that I'm going home to her.

...

I greet Mari when we arrive home and head to my office to leave some files while Lucas stays in the kitchen with her. I open the door to my office and stop in my track immediately. The little house that my mom made, is back on the little table in one piece.

I walk towards it and examine it. It's like it was never broken. I quickly leave the office and walk back to the kitchen so I can thank Mari for making it and putting it back together. Both Lucas and Mari look at me weirdly, probably wondering why I'm suddenly running and acting like this.