Chapter 28

I smile in my sleep at the feel of her lips traveling down my chest, then up to my collarbones and neck, but my smile quickly disappears when I realize the kisses feel strange and different. Maybe because I'm still in my sleep I can't decipher if this is Aria. She shouldn't be home yet, but maybe she came back early. 

The fingers that go through my hair now definitely don't give me the same soothing feeling I love so much when Aria does it and my eyes shoot open when I realize it can't be her.

"Finally you're awake." She whispers in my ear and I immediately jump up from the bed when I see Caterina laying next to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here!? What is going on!?" I yell and look around the room. I quickly realize that I'm almost naked, only boxers covering my body, but I see her upper body naked and exposed to me.

"Why are you fucking naked!? Cover yourself." I look away and go into the closet to get some sweatpants and a t-shirt to put on. The room spins a little as I'm trying to put my clothes on and I slowly remember what happened last night.

She was here to talk but what happened after I don't know. The last thing I remember is that I took my drink and after that everything is a blur.

"Explain. Now." I come back into the room and see her putting her clothes on. "What is there to explain? Isn't it obvious?" She turns around to face me when she is fully dressed and walks closer to me.

"Last night...was amazing." She whispers in a seductive tone and tries to kiss me, but I move away and try to put a big distance between us.

She is lying. This can't be true. I didn't sleep with her, I would never do that. I could never hurt Aria like that. I love her and I wouldn't do anything that could make me lose her. If anything happened, it's because this bitch drugged me and used the opportunity.

"Lats night...you drugged me. That's the only thing that happened." I greet my teeth but she only smirks.

"Whatever you say, lover boy. But you can't keep denying it. Last night we shared a moment, it's not my fault you don't remember." She starts walking closer to me but I move back as well to not let her come near me.

"Stop fucking lying!." I yell at her but she only smiles.

"I'm not lying Lorenzo. I mean even Aria knows it's true. She got to see it first hand." She chuckles and puts on a sinister smile, but I freeze. "W-what?"

Aria was here? She saw us? No no, this can't be happening. This can't be happening. She is lying, nothing happened, Aria didn't see us. My brain races and I try to convince myself that this is some nightmare that I can't wake up from, but Caterina's laugh shakes me from my thoughts and I feel dread filling my chest.

What if Aria really was here and she saw us like that in bed? Fuck, I need to call her, see her, something, I just need to make things right.

"I told you before and I am telling you now, that tongue of yours can cost you your life and you know from what kind of family I come from. I'm sure it won't be a problem for them to take another life if you don't start telling the truth."

I state something that I would never imagine to come out of my mouth since I don't want to have anything with that side of my family, but she keeps taking things far and I'm sick of it.

I walk closer to her and I see the fear grow in her. Her smile is gone and her eyes are widened.

"I don't have the whole day. I have to explain everything and bring back the woman I love, so you better start talking right fucking now!" 

I see her flinch at my tone but she quickly recovers and starts explaining. "Alright...I admit I was laying...nothing happened last night."

"Except you drugging me. Why?".