Chapter 13

"You know you could've ordered your own plate of Cesoro chicken instead of eating my whole meal" I chuckled as I watched Lorenzo trying to steal from my plate. He should learn I almost never share, especially if it's chicken we're talking about.

"I know, but I didn't know it would be so delicious," he said licking his lips while eyeing my plate like a hawk. I shake my head and push my plate towards him. He stares at me with wide eyes and I can't help but smile. Right now he looks like a child that is about to get his favorite candy. He kind of looks adorable.

"We can share, but only if I get to try your steak as well" I bargain and he immediately pushes his plate towards me making me let out a laugh while I shake my head.

I cut the little piece of his steak and put it in my mouth before chewing it. It's delicious and I can't help but hum as I'm savoring it but Lorenzo just stares at me.

"What?" I ask quietly after a swallow the food and look at him confused. "You are beautiful when you laugh," he says so casually but makes me blush. I clear my throat and look down at my plate. "Thank you". I let out quietly. I was never good with compliments so I don't know what to say or how to react.

He finally takes a bite from my chicken and nods while chewing it. I can't help but giggle as I watch him, he just looks like a completely different man, going from cold-faced to looking so adorable.

"What? What's so funny? Do I have something on my face?" he asks his brows furrowed as he reaches for a napkin to wipe around his lips. I shake my head as I take a sip from my lemonade. "No, you just look really cute right now and you're not grumpy as Lucas would say" I chuckle as I watch his eyes widen and a soft color appearing on his face. Is he blushing?

"Did you just say I'm cute?" he clears his throat, his eyes never leaving mine. I feel heat spreading on my face as I realize I just called him cute. "I um..." I clear my throat hoping it will buy me time as I search for my answer.

"I-" I start again but the waitress suddenly interrupts me and I can't be more grateful even though I've been getting nothing but bad vibes from her the whole night.

"Was everything alright? Do you want something for dessert?" she asks looking at Lorenzo only but he seems quite annoyed by her for some reason.

"Do you want something?" he asks while keeping his eyes on me the whole time. "No, I'm pretty full," I tell him, feeling stuffed and besides that, I'm not a big fan of sweet foods. I was always a fan of salty things but I didn't get to enjoy them much because of my mother. Even though she hated me she never allowed me to enjoy food because as she would say I would ruin her name if she had a fat daughter and she was not letting that happen no matter the fact she could care less about me.

"We'll have one chocolate mousse, we can share it," he said, ignoring my reply to his question but I guess a little bit of chocolate won't hurt me to finish off this dinner. 

I was beyond surprised when he asked me to go out for dinner, and I was even more surprised at the reason behind it. I never expected him to share his life with me, especially something so deep. But I'm kind of glad that he did. I noticed he was acting differently in these last couple of weeks and I don't know if that's because he tries to be better or he was always like that but kept that side hidden.

The waitress picks up our now empty plates before leaving our table again. "Thank you for sharing that with me" I can't help but say that to him. I saw how hard it was for him to talk about his mother and I was grateful that he wanted to share that with me.

"The steak? No problem, I mean I did practically eat half of your plate" he chuckles but I shake my head at him, giggling.

"No, I meant the story about your mother, I could tell it was hard for you to talk about it...so thank you for sharing it with me," I tell him quietly. He just nods his head, the smile gone from before.