Chapter 11

My breath hitched in my throat at the sight of her. 

She looks so beautiful and sexy as she walks over towards my car. I could've never imagined seeing her in this type of dress one day but I sure am glad she is wearing it. Her hair straight and long, flying with every movement of hers, the wind helping the motion.

We make quick eye contact but she looks away, blushing and now looking at the ground. I wish she would look at me more.

"Dude, close your mouth if you don't want to drool all over your suit" Lucas chuckles and nudges me with his elbow. "Shut up" I throw quickly at him before Lindsey and Aria come closer to us.

"Ready?" I ask everyone before we move towards the car. I open the back door for Aria and she lets out a quiet 'thank you' before she gets in. I smile at her before closing her door and walking to the front.

"What about me? Nobody is going to open the door for me?" Lindsey huffs as she waits by her side of the door. 

"You are not my wife. And besides, you have your brother to do that for you" I say before I get in the driver's seat. I'm not sure why I did that for Aria but I just want to be a gentleman for her and show her my nicer side.

"Whatever" I hear Lindsey whisper before she gets in the car next to Aria. "That threesome proposal still stands though" she chuckles. Lucas and I both shake our heads at her but I see Aria give her a look. I try not to laugh at her blushing state. She is so cute.

I'm trying to keep my eyes on the road as I'm driving to the hotel where the party is held. But the little petite woman in the back seat steals my attention every other second.

She is so beautiful. I wonder how I didn't notice that before. I mean I thought the same when I met her, she is a pretty lady but I think the meaning of that isn't just a physical attraction and I'm kind of scared of that, to be honest. I don't know if I want to have those kinds of feelings when it comes to her or anybody else really, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want that either.

The past couple of weeks I'm trying to not be so distant with her. I don't want her to feel scared and on edge, every time we interact and I'm glad to see she is relaxing more around me. I also noticed that I'm more relaxed as well. I don't try or have the need to be a cold grumpy guy every time when I'm around new people or at least not when I'm around her.

Even Mari noticed that and she can't stop teasing me about it but for some reason, I don't mind that. In the past I would for sure say some bad words and then regret it. I would probably become even worse of a person than I already was, but not anymore. And I think it's all because of her, the little woman in my back seat.

"I really don't want to die tonight Lorenzo" Lucas snaps me out of my thoughts and brings my focus back on the road. I furrow my eyebrows at him and shoot him a quick look. "What?".

He shakes his head and chuckles before looking at me. "I'm just saying. Keep your eyes where they should be or you'll kill us" he shoots me a dirty look and I just hope the girls didn't hear what we're talking about. They seem indulged in their own conversation so I think we're good.

"Shut up" I shush him but he just laughs and turns away from me. 

It was hard not to look at the rearview mirror above my head that gave me the view of Aria, but soon we arrived and I could finally relax.

I step out of the car and give the keys to the hotel employer - so he could park the car - before I go and open the door for Aria. I lend her my hand, helping her get out and she accepts it putting hers on mine and grabbing it lightly as she steps out of the car.

I close the door and put my hand on the small of her back leading her to the hotel entrance. Soon enough Lucas and Lindsey join us as we take a glass of champagne from the butlers that stand near the hotel door.