Chapter 10

I woke up flustered and almost sweaty from the wet dream I had. 

I had one of these dreams once, after watching some movie I can't even remember the name of now. The actor was so handsome and built nicely that I ended up dreaming about him. But this time it wasn't something like that. This time I was dreaming of Lorenzo.

After last night's events, I could barely fall asleep. I kept spinning in my bed, the image of his naked chest and defined abs and strong arms not leaving my mind. Why did I even have to offer to help him with taking his clothes off? He must be thinking how weird I am or how I'm trying to seduce him again. Oh, God.

I hide my face in my hands, trying to get the image out of my mind. I sigh before getting up from my bed. I need a shower, that'll help me with my nerves. 

After I'm done with my morning routine and after I dressed, I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Thank god no one is here. Especially not him. I open the fridge and take some lemons out so I could make lemonade for myself. After I've poured it into a glass I put a little bit of sugar and take a sip, almost choking on my lemonade when I hear his voice.

"Good morning" he greets me which still surprises me. In the last couple of weeks, he always acknowledges me but after that incident in his office, I thought everything would go back to him being cold towards me.

"Good morning" I quietly greet him back and can't help but blush when I look at him. The images of my dream and of last night making their way back into my mind and I'm not sure if I just went crazy or what, but it seemed like he just smiled. It was quick though, it disappeared as fast as it appeared but maybe I just imagined it.

"You know...what I said last night...I meant it. Even though I was still a bit tipsy but I know what I said and it might've helped me to feel free to say it. I just wanted to say it again so you don't question it because of my last night's state. I really meant it Aria" he tells me what honestly did go through my mind. I wasn't sure if he was aware of what he did and said last night, but now I am and I can't help but smile a little.

I know I maybe shouldn't be so fast to forgive or go past the things he's done, but I know he has his own battles and maybe can't control himself. And this situation on top of it sure doesn't help. So I tried to not take it to the heart even though it was painful, but at least he made progress and apologized for real this time.

"Okay. I know that now" I tell him and he nods his head, looking kind of relieved. There is a moment of silence. I fidget in my spot not knowing what to do or say but he seems unbothered by it. He just stands there and looks at me. I meet his eyes but quickly look away, now staring at my glass of lemonade.

"Um...do you want some lemonade? Or maybe you're hungry, do you want to eat breakfast?" I quietly ask. I'm a shy person by nature but he makes me even more shy and nervous just by his mere presence. 

"Breakfast sounds nice" he smiles a little and sits down on one of the high chairs around the kitchen island. "Okay, what would you like to eat? I could make you something or do you want me to call Ma-" I try to ask but he interrupts me. "There's no need to call Mari. I want you to cook for me" he says but shocks me.

Ever since that day when he ate my spaghetti without knowing I made them, he always joins us for dinner or lunch, no matter if I cooked or not. But I thought he ate my meals just because he couldn't escape it or something. And now he's asking me to cook for him? It's just hard to believe he's the man I met just a month ago.

"O-okay" I stutter and I hate it. That started just a few years ago and it's because of my mother. When we were alone she would always scold me for talking back or talking at all, which resulted in me stumbling over my words when I did try to speak to people. I hate she has such an impact on me even though I don't live with her anymore.