10. Boys & Girls

Fifth Year:

And finally, it's Friday.

I got up early to check if I have got any letter from my parents. And to my luck, I did. There was a letter on my study desk.

I washed my face and changed before reading it.

Dear Lily,

Of course you can stay with him. Just don't forget to write to us before you come back. Your father is kindly asking for a letter everyday you are there, until you come back. He said he wants you to report everything. That's his words, not mine. If your friend would like to, he can also join us on new year's eve with his grandmother. We miss you so much, and we hope to see you soon.

With lots and lots of love,

Your parents.

P.S: Also would you also tell your friend James to stop sending letters to us about why we should not let you go? Thank you, sweetheart.

James?

What does that bloody idiot has to do with this?

I put my letter into my bag, I decided not to wake Roxanne up and went downstairs to join the others.

The common room was nearly empty, there was only a few students awake.

I saw Teddy and Hugo sitting on the sofa, so I joined them.

"Good morning you two. Sleep good?" Hugo looked fully awake wile Teddy's only one eye was actually open.

Hugo smiled."Good morning, Lily. How are you?"

"I see you're a morning person," I looked at Teddy again. "Unlike some others."

"It's so earlyy." Teddy muttered, laying his head on Hugo's lap.

"Then why did you wake up so early?" I got up again to give some water to Teddy.

"Jordan snors." He drink the water and put it on the table.

"What time is it, anyway?" I asked Hugo.

I knew Hugo always had a watch with him, so I watched as he looked at his wrist.

"Eight fifteen."

My eyes widened. "Teddy, Teddy get up." I quickly got up and started shaking Teddy. "We have transfiguration exam at nine and we didn't even have breakfast yet."

Teddy groaned and slowly got up.

"Go wake up the boys, I'll go get Roxanne."

He nodded and started walking towards the stairs.

"Ted, that's the-" before I could finish Teddy stepped on the girls dormiteries steps and slipped.

"Wrong way."

I helped him up, and he finally looked awake enough to walk.

*****

Roxanne and I met with the others in the great hall and started our breakfast.

"Areany of you guys actually ready for the exam?" Fred asked.

"I am." Roxanne and I said at the same time.

Fred rolled his eyes and ate his omlette.

"So," James started and looked at me. "Wood."

"Yes, Potter?" I took a sip from my tea, enjoying my morning.

"Such a shame that you can't go to Teddy's. You must be disappointed."

"I am going to Teddy's." I took a bite from my toast as I watched his expression change.

"Then why the bloody world did your parents said they didn't let you?!"

"Probably because you kept writing to those poor people." Fred added.

"I just don't think they should let you go outside to this dangerous world. I told them about the cancer situation like five times."

"Cancer situ-" I stopped myself. "You know what? I'm not even going to ask."

"No, no. Let's unpack that." Fred pointed his spoon towards James. "Sounds interesting."

Teddy was sitting on ny left while Fred was on my right.

I turned to Teddy and lowered my voice. "By the way, I nearly forgot to tell you. My parents said it was okay. They even invited you and your grandmother over for new year's eve."

He smiled and nodded. "Great. I'll ask her."

"Oi!" James yelled across from the table. "Whacca whispering about, behind our backs?"

*****

My last lesson was DADA with Roxanne, so when the class was over, we decided to celebrate it.

I knew a house elf called Junniper, who was kind enough to make us a small cake.

We invited Amelia, Nico, Raven and Rose to have a small picnic in the garden since it didn't snow today.

For the last few weeks, I didn't see Amelia. First, she was sick. Then she failed two classes so she had to stay up late at night studying, then quidditch practices....

She was the first to join us.

We had small talks while the other ones came along and joined our conversation.

After eating our cake and talking about our plans for the holiday, everyone slowly started going back to their houses to get ready for tomorrow.

Roxanne helped me clean up the area before we went back.

On the way to the common room, she made me stop, she kinda looked nervous.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, shouldering my bag again.

"Do you remember when I told you that I had a crush on someone but wasn't ready to share it with you yet?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

She gave me a look that made me realize.

"Oh, oh. You're... ready to tell me?" Now I'm more nervous than her. Great.

"Yeah, uhm, I guess so?"

"Ookay?" I slowly nodded my head, signalling her to continue.

"I... like," her hands were moving back and forward making no sense at all.

Huh, Teddy does the same thing.

Do I do the same thing? I hope not.

"I like boys," she stopped and I nodded

"Good for you?" This is my most awkward conversation ever.

"And girls?"

Oh, I have to show emotions.

Uhmmm.

"Nice."

Roxanne just stared at me. I think she was waiting for a different reaction.

"I mean," (if I ever have kids, there's no way in living hell I'm doing the talks.) "I had no idea. I mean, ugh, kinda shocking, I must say. I support you with my all heart. I can't believe this, I mean I had no-"

"You knew didn't you?" She had a bored look on her face.

I exhaled. "I knew."

"You're the worst liar I have ever seen. Also how did you know?"

I looked at her up and down. "You don't need to be a Ravenclaw to know these stuff."

She laughed and we slowly started walking again.