8. France •

Addressed: 1914 - October

My dearest John,

How are you? I know you can't tell me much but please let me know where your heads at.

You wanted to know all the gossip - well, here's whats happened since you left. Finn have grown another inch, he's quite the handsome six year old. Me and Ada suspects he has a crush on that girl I told you about. Her name is Teresa, goes by Tessa, she's a very sweet girl, Finn talks about her all the time. For a few days we believed Hettie Summers was pregnant, but it turns out it was her friend, you know that awful Alice Rhodes. The father is off to war but rumor has it that it's that bloke Adam, funny how it is - he tried to bed me a year ago at Jamie's wedding and now he might become a father. Be sure to tease him if he's there with you! The women have gone bat shit crazy since you men left, it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just no men around to hog the pubs anymore, so we do instead. Last week Freddie Thorne's mum broke three barstools while talking politics, it was hilarious.

I think thats all that's happened for now. I guess you were right. It's not as rowdy without you lot, like a long vacation. I wish it would end soon though, i miss you and your ability to brake everything you touch. And I miss your strong hands all over my body, holding me tight and making me feel safe. As well as the picture, I have also sprayed this letter with my perfume. Silly I know, but I thought it would maybe make you think of home. I spray yours over my pillow all the time, and then I meet you in my dreams.

Yours, Vin.

PS: Tell Jamie to write me a fucking letter. I'm his bloody sister, he's lucky to fucking have me in his miserable life.

----

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

----

France, October 1914

John finished reading the letter he had received from Vin. It was the fourth one he had gotten but the first one that was an answer to a letter he had sent. He wiped a tear that threatened to fall from his eye and looked at the picture. He brought the letter to his nose, closing his eyes and smelled the sweet perfume. In an instant he was home, tangled in bed with the beautiful girl on the picture, whispering sweet nothings in her ear as she ran her fingers up and down his back. Then he opened them again and was back in the trench. Jamie was sitting a few feet away from him, reading a letter of his own. John didn't disturb him, instead he looked at the picture again.

"Oh man I wish I had penpals that looked like that! Isn't she a beaut hey?" A loud voice spoke up behind him. John turned around, annoyed that someone had invaded his privacy. A tall, thin man with unruly red hair and freckles stood behind him. John felt his annoyance slip away when he recognized his friend Stanley. Stanley was a fellow kid from Birmingham, a few towns away from Small Heath. They had never met in England but the two of them and Jamie had become thick as thieves since they got here.

"I know mate, don't know what I did to deserve her to be honest" John smiled proudly.

"You don't deserve her John boy, I told her that every single day but the little annoyance didn't want to hear it did she" Jamie had joined them and was now smiling down at the picture of his younger sister.

"And don't stare at my sister like that Stan, it already bad enough to see how John looks at her" Stanley looked up at Jamie surprised. He didn't know Jamie had a sister and he was even more confused that she was John's lady.

"You boys are screwing with me aren't ya?" He smirked, when John shook his head with an amused smirk he continued. "That's your fucking sister?! You really pulled the short straw in your family hey?" John laughed at this and nodded along. Jamie hit him in the back of the head and told him to fuck off.

"And John is actually seeing her? But the two of you have known each other your whole life? How are you still friends?" Stanley continued, obviously baffled.

"Don't fucking remind me Stan" Jamie answered. "John did Vin tell you anything interesting?" John looked at the letter again.

"Yeah, she says to tell you to write to her because you're fucking lucky to have her in your life. Also Finn's got a girlfriend, Adam Smith is having a baby but doesn't know it yet and Freddie's mum is vandalizing pubs" John smirks as he replies. Jamie laughed at the news and shook his head at his little sisters love for gossip.

"I'll make sure to write her, she'll probably turn Elsie and Edith against me if I don't"

"Mary too I reckon" John laughs.

"She sounds like someone you don't mess with, what is her name?" Stanley asks humored at what the Lynn sister had written in her letter.

"She isn't believe me, she's a little fighter my Winifred" John answered proudly.

"She fights you most days though" Jamie teases and all of them share a laugh.

That night John finds sleep a little easier, the picture rests underneath his pillow as he dreams of home and mesmerizing blue eyes.

Stupid - John Shelby (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें