22. Endings •

Ada just about had a heart attack when Winifred came charging in to her room suddenly. She let out a loud screech and jumped up and down in her panic. When she saw that it was only Vin she fell down on her bed, breathing heavily as she tried to calm herself.

"Jesus Christ Vin! Don't EVER do that again!" She panted.

"I want to be with John" Vin blurted, her eyes equally as wide as Ada's. Ada blinked a few times, not processing what she had just said.

"What? What happened to Parkinson?" She replied, trying to hide her excitement. Vin didn't reply right away, instead walking to Ada's closet and pulling out their emergency liquor. She opened the bottle of whiskey, and took a large swig before going back to the bed and laying down beside Ada. As she offered Ada the bottle, she started to explain.

"John sort of cornered me on our way to the Garrison. He brought up the kiss that didn't happen and when I told him that I thought it was a mistake, he said that he didn't believe me. He said that he loves me Ada! And that I have to choose between him and Billy, but I realised right away that I have already chosen" Vin took the bottle from Ada's hand and took another large swig, grimacing as the liquor ran through her throat.

"I want to be with John, I love him" she continued.

Ada shot up from the bed and started hoping and dancing around her room. She couldn't describe how happy she was for her best friend, who had finally overcome her fear of getting hurt and realised what she really wanted.

"This is so great! I'm so happy for you! What did he say? Why are you even here right now!?" Vin who had smiled as her friend hopped around in glee, felt her smile falter at the question.

"I have to talk to Billy first, to end it, I owe him that" She said, gaze lowered.

"So what did you tell John?" Ada questioned, confused. Vin haltered at the question, what had she told John? She let out a gasp and buried her face in her hands. She realised that she hadn't told John anything, just told him that she had to go and then she had hurried to Ada.

"I just said that I have to go, and then came here" She groaned. "He probably thinks I choose Billy"

"Your an idiot, have I told you that?" Ada groaned and fell down on the bed beside Vin again. She pulled her hands away from her face and pushed her up in a sitting position.

"Alright, you have to go end this with Parkinson right away! Otherwise it'll only get harder and harder for all three of ya!"

"You're right" Vin muttered, and took another swig from the bottle. Ada grabbed it and pulled away when Vin reached for it again.

"I know I am, and don't you think Parkinson deserves that you end things with him while sober?" She said again sternly. Vin just nodded, going over in her head what she should say. And how she would even get him to talk to her. What if he didn't open the door, and refused to speak with her.

"Can you come with me?" She pleaded with Ada, who just shook her head with an amused smirk.

"What would I even be doing there hey? Hand him the note like when we were kids?" Vin's lips turned slightly upwards at this, but she covered it quickly by planting her face in the mattress, groaning loudly once more.

"Hey" Ada started and placed a calming palm on her best friends arm. "I know It sucks to end a relationship, but you can't help who you love Vin. If I thought you were making a mistake I would stop you, but I really think this is for the best!" Vin took Adas hand in her her own and squeezed it in appreciation.

"And also, the sooner you end your relationship with Billy, the sooner you can start the one with John" Ada continued with a vicious smirk on her lips that made Winifred roll her eyes.