10. Sweet and Endearing

Warnings: They go to a sex shop to buy toys. Fingering, mild degradation, penetration/unprotected sex, choking, daddy kink, a kiss.

Recap of last chapter: Reader woke up at Spencer's apartment after being punished and they decided to go out for breakfast. On the way there, Reader started to break down and Spencer comforts her. He then revealed a snippet of his past to her.

Chapter Summary: Reader and Spencer see each other again, this time it's to go shopping. After, Reader gives Spencer something she's been working on and feelings make their way to the surface.   

Word Count: 5.7k

----------------------------------------

You stood at the door to your apartment, giving yourself a quick once-over in the mirror. Spencer was outside in the parking lot waiting for you. After running your fingers through the strands of your hair one last time to get any tangles out, you felt ready enough to leave. With your bag over your shoulder and your phone in hand, you left your apartment and quickly navigated the stairwell that led to the ground floor. 

Butterflies interrupted the once calm space in your belly as you neared the foyer. It had been a few days since you'd last seen him. However, you'd spoken to him plenty over text the past week. Spencer had checked in with you every day since you fell apart in his car. Even after the drop had passed, he still messaged you, always asking if you were all right. And as soon as the feelings started to subside, you reassured him you were better. Spencer had been relieved when you told him, but you suspected he wouldn't be a hundred percent sure until he could see you for himself.

And that was why you were nervous. His head was turned out the driver's side window, and he smiled when he saw you approach. You returned it, going around the front of his car to get to the door. When you swung it open, you didn't miss the way his eyes searched your face, looking for any signs that would tell him your real feelings. But you really had been telling the truth - you felt much better than you had after the morning in his car, and you hoped he could see it for himself. 

The only problem was the nervous feeling inside of your chest. You were shy seeing him again, even though he had been nothing short of a gentleman, a prompt source of comfort for you during the week. But seeing him now, with his hair fanned out around him and a dark cardigan layered over a pale dress shirt, made a flush creep across your features. And it had everything to do with your plans for this afternoon. 

You hoped he would read into your nervousness as such. 

"Hello!" He chimed, as you climbed into the car. The pleasant look on his face was unmarred by the devilish tone you could hear in his voice. You returned his greeting with matching vigor, reaching behind you to buckle yourself in. 

The car was still running but Spencer made no move to shift it into drive. When you turned to look at him, he was gazing back at you, a slight smirk on his lips. "You all set, Bambi?"

You giggled, freeing yourself from a bit of your nerves in the process. "I suppose so," you mused, giving him a goofy smirk of your own.

"Good." Spencer broke your gaze to shift the car into gear and pulled out of the complex. As soon as he was on the road, he turned to you again. "I happen to think today will be a lot of fun." The reason behind his teasing wasn't lost on you. The subtle workings of anxiety on your face probably weren't as minute as they appeared, not for someone with eyes well versed in deconstructing behaviour. But as much as his tone was teasing, it was also gentle. And if his plan was to poke fun at your hesitance until it faded naturally, he was succeeding.

You didn't want him to get the wrong idea, though. "I never said it wouldn't be fun, sir," you jabbed, using the name exaggeratedly. "I just think it'll be interesting." Spencer didn't seem to mind your sarcasm. Instead, his grin only stretched further into a smile.