19. Bad Idea

A/N: A sweet commenter on AO3 asked to see some more bondage and overstim, so this chapter was largely inspired by them! Thank you for being so kind, boggie24! Flashbacks are in italics, btw!

Warnings: Brat!Reader, exhibitionism, getting caught, punishment, bondage (Shibari), overstimulation, crying, impact play (spanking, flogging), spit as lube, thigh riding, handjob, vibrator use, multiple orgasms, begging, daddy kink, praise, aftercare

Chapter Summary: Reader gets an idea that lands her in hot water. Spencer makes her deal with the consequences of her actions.

Word Count: 8.8k

----------------------------------------

One of the best things about being with Spencer was the trust and connection you had with him. You knew he would be there for you when you needed it. He looked after you, he cherished you, and being his submissive gave you a sense of purpose. It was rewarding for you both. With him by your side, you never felt like you were alone, and you never felt like you would be alone.

What was almost as good, however, was knowing how to push Spencer's buttons. It wasn't something you tried to do all the time, but occasionally, it was fun to rile him up. You loved the way the vein on his forehead pulsed when he was mad, and the way that his jaw would clench before he gave you a warning. Walking the line between teasing and disobeying was a thrill like no other.

But you had to be careful - there was only so much push and pull before that line got so blurry and caution was thrown to the wind. And when that happened, there was no going back. If you overstepped, he would put you back in your place.

The thing about punishments was that even though you dreaded them, in a weird sort of way they were kind of fun. Maybe that was the adrenaline talking, or maybe it had to do with the way your body was on edge, heart pounding and blood racing as you wondered what was in store. But whatever the reason, the feeling of giving yourself to Spencer, willingly submitting to him, was a feeling that you couldn't find anywhere else.

And no matter how bad it got, you knew he would be there to put your pieces back together. To undo the pain he'd caused, and make sure you were just as well as you had been before. In fact, he'd make sure you felt better than before.

So, even though you secretly liked the thrill of getting punished, you didn't want to let Spencer know that. Because then he'd have to find a way to make it less enjoyable for you.

On the other side of things, you wondered how he felt punishing you. You knew he didn't enjoy it as much as the sex, and it caused him a little bit of grief to cause you any sort of pain, but that was how your relationship was.

And you knew that you deserved it this time, just a little bit.

It happened over the weekend. Spencer was getting things in order to go back to work, and he was on the phone with Emily. And while he paced his office, working out the details of when his first day back would be, you decided to tease him a little bit. In hindsight, you'd gone a little too far.

But that was the thing about hindsight - your vision was always 20/20 afterwards.

----------------------------------------

You weren't sure what came over you, but once the idea struck you, you couldn't get it out of your head. Pushing his buttons seemed too exciting fun for you to resist.

You heard him at his desk, his footsteps light on the hardwood. Their conversation had just started, so you knew you had time. Spencer had told you he thought it would be a long conversation, and that it would take a while before they finished getting things back in line. You just hoped that things would work out in your favour.