Chapter 10 - The Aftermath

Happy Friday lovelies! I can't believe the Australian leg of the tour is finished! In other news, it's my 19th birthday tomorrow - so cheers xx. Thanks for continue to read/vote.

&&&

Harry began stirring and the first thing he was aware of was how much pain he was in. He let out a strangled cry and began thrashing around, as if trying to escape the pain. He felt a pair of delicate hands trying to hold him down but he knew he was stronger than the hands. Eventually though, his fight to escape turned into sobs that wracked his entire body, threatening to undo him. He felt the arms wrap around him and a soothing voice whispering that it would be okay.

“Mum!” he sobbed, his voice cracking. He felt the arms tense around his body but paid them no mind. He was only focusing on one thing. “Mum, I’m sorry!”

“Haz, shhh,” whispered the voice again. “H-Haz, it’s going to be okay…”

NO IT ISN’T!” Harry screamed, pulling back. He glared at Louis who looked alarmed by the sudden outburst. “Nothing is going to be okay. My mum is out there distraught, thinking that I’ve run off and I’m here living my life as though nothing is wrong.”

“I thought… I thought you were happy,” said Louis, his voice faltering.

Harry deflated, covering his face with his hands.

“I thought I was too,” whispered Harry, more to himself than Louis. “I was happy, Lou But then…” He froze, realizing what he was about to admit to the other boy.

“You watched the telly,” finished Louis.

Harry peeked through his fingers at the feathery-haired boy. To his relief, he did not look angry. No, it was worse than that, Harry realized as his heart sunk. He looked disappointed and distraught.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have –”

“No, you shouldn’t have,” Louis cut him off. “But I understand why you did.”

The two of them fell into silence. It was not a comfortable silence like they were used to but full of tension as they tried to ignore the elephant in the room that they wanted more than anything to avoid. Well, two elephants.

“I thought I had lost you, Haz,” choked out Louis, breaking the silence suddenly. Harry’s head snapped up. “When I walked in and saw… saw you… I thought…”

“Shhh,” whispered Harry, pulling Louis into him. This time, he comforted the older boy as sobs consumed him. Harry could feel several tears escape his eyes as well.

“Why’d you do it, Haz?” asked Louis, wiping his nose on his sleeve. “Why would you do that?”

“I couldn’t stand to see her cry,” replied Harry dully. “It was the only solution.”

“You should have spoken to me! We could have talked it out –”

“That’s a load of bull, Louis and you know it,” snapped Harry, pulling away from the boy. “If you’re going to try and convince me that we could have talked this out and have come to an agreement then I know that you’re lying to me.”

Louis was silent, tears still racing down his cheeks to Harry’s dismay. The latter reached out, thumbing some of them away even though they only appeared fresh moments later. Louis reached up and grabbed Harry’s wrist gently so he would not hurt him. He closed his eyes and the pair of them stayed like that for quite some time.

“How long have I been out of it?”

“About a day.” Harry’s eyes widened. “I gave you some painkillers as well so they probably helped you sleep a bit as well. You needed it, Hazza.”