Chapter 15 - Giving Answers

First things first, I'm so sorry for not updating like I normally do for 2 weeks now. I got back to college and it just got away from me. Secondly, I hope everyone is doing well considering the bombshell dropped on us this past week. I'm here to talk and give support if anyone needs it. So, without further ado, here is the long awaited chapter 15.

&&&

The first thing Harry noticed when he started to come to his senses was the fact that he was not wrapped in Louis’ arms. He groaned lowly, adjusting in hopes of finding the older boy but his movement only caused him to fall flat on the ground. He let out a whimper.

He heard the door open and a surprised squeak.

“Baby! What happened?” cried a female voice, running over to him.

Harry’s eyes snapped open in shock.

“M-Mum?” he croaked, turning his head to look at the dark-haired woman. Her eyes were full of panic and concern.

“Yes, sweetheart, it’s me,” she whispered as she helped him up. “What happened?”

“Must’ve been too close to the edge,” Harry mumbled, allowing her to lower him onto the bed. He frowned when she wrapped him under the covers again.

“I’m so sorry, I only stepped out a moment ago to grab you something to drink. You need to keep hydra –”

“Mum,” said Harry lowly, causing her to fall silent and stare at him with wide eyes. “How long have I been out for?”

“About 72 hours.” Harry’s eyes nearly bugged out of his head. “But clearly you needed it… and of course you did, after the trauma you must have gone through…”

“How’d I get here?” he interrupted again. Anne faltered.

“W-We were hoping you’d be able to tell us that sweetie,” she said, stroking his hair delicately. He closed his eyes at the sensation, but not because it felt good. Rather because it made him recall a memory of someone else doing the same action to him.

“Do you not remember anything, sweetheart?”

Harry came to his senses again and pursed his lips.

We?” he simply said.

Anne looked confused for a moment and then recognition dawned on her face. She turned to the door as it opened suddenly and two men in uniform entered the room.

“Hello Mr. Styles,” the one greeted Harry. The man had greying hair and a rather pathetic mustache. If Harry was not so drained and unimpressed by the sudden appearance of these strangers, he probably would have smirked at the sight.

“Who are you?” snapped Harry, rudely. Anne gave him a look of admonishment.

Harry Edward Styles –”

“It’s fine ma’am,” said the other uniformed man. He looked middle-aged but comparatively younger than his partner.

Harry raised an eyebrow impatiently and wile the older man clucked his tongue and Harry’s insolence, the younger man got the hint.

“My name is Detective Sergeant Higgins and this is my partner, Detective Inspector Cowell. We are here to ask you some questions regarding your abduction and subsequent return over a year later.”

Harry closed his eyes, trying to force down the memories that were currently bubbling back up to the surface.

Louis… the fight… leaving his Louis