Chapter 13 - For the First Time

Surprise! I'm here 3 days early. I bear important news though - this story will end after 20 chapters, so very soon. There will be NO epilogue and most likely, no sequel. I just wanted to give you advanced warning. I'm working on another Larry AU story though so if you're interested, comment so and I'll make sure to give you guys a description of it.

&&&

Things did not change as much as Harry expected them to after he finally admitted to himself that he was in love with Louis. He still felt the same towards the boy and he still acted the same towards him. He supposed that the biggest change was that now Louis was all that he could and wanted to think about and his heart seemingly missed a beat when Louis walked into the room.

So perhaps a couple things had changed.

He did not see any change in Louis’ behavior though so he could only assume that the feelings were not reciprocated and that saddened his mood significantly. Whenever Louis tried to ask what was wrong though, Harry would smile insincerely despite Louis seeing right through it and would say that he was fine. To say that Louis was concerned would be an understatement.

And to also say that Harry was surprised when he entered the kitchen one evening would be an even larger understatement.

“What’s all this?” Harry said, smiling cutely.

Louis looked at the younger boy fondly, admiring how Harry’s eyes sparkled and his dimple popped when he was happy. He loved when Harry’s dimple appeared and never wanted it to disappear.

“I thought… well, we never actually… have dinner with me, Haz?” Louis stammered, cursing as he tripped over his words. Harry just smiled innocently.

“I’d love to Lou.”

Louis pulled the chair out for Harry, smiling to himself that he had found such a wonderful boy to call his own.

Though he’s not really yours yet said the voice in Louis’ head. You’ve never defined the relationship.

Shut up.

“You okay, Lou?” asked Harry concerned.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“You seemed a little… distracted.”

“You just have that effect on me,” replied Louis, winking at Harry. Harry blushed.

“Lou, this is delicious,” said Harry, his green eyes meeting Louis’ blue ones. Now it was Louis’ turn to blush.

“You don’t have to –”

“I’m serious!” Harry insisted, reaching to grab Louis’ hand from across the table. “I love it, Lou.”

Harry was not sure if it was just him feeling it, but he was certain that there was a certain electricity in the kitchen tonight. He looked down at their entwined hands, breaking eye contact with Louis only for a moment, and when he looked back up he saw something unfamiliar in Louis’ eyes that he could not quite pinpoint.

“What is it, Lou?” he asked, quietly. At first Louis did not say anything and only broke out of his reverie when Harry squeezed his fingers gently.

“Would you like to make love tonight, Haz?”

Harry’s fork dropped with a clatter onto his plate and he stared at Louis, his eyes as wide as saucers. Louis immediately flushed and started tripping over his words again.

“I-I’m sorry – I shouldn’t have – you don’t have to –”

Harry cut him off by leaning across the table, pulling Louis by the front of his shirt, and crashing their lips together. He bit down hard on Louis’ bottom lip, causing the other boy to gasp in surprise, giving Harry’s tongue the access he desired.