Chapter 7 - Day 100: Set Free

As promised, here is my second post of the week! Sorry again about the delay on Chapter 6. Chapter 8 will be posted next Friday xx.

***

Harry had not been eating. Since the incident with Louis, he was hardly responsive to anything the boy did, and to say that Louis was getting both anxious and aggravated was an understatement. As a result of his refusal to eat much of anything, Harry was becoming dangerously thin and had contracted a dangerously high fever.

“You have to eat,” insisted Louis, trying to force-feed him.

“I’m not hungry,” Harry countered, his voice weak from lack of use and malnourishment over the past month.

“If you don’t I’ll have to start injecting you with food,” Louis warned.

“See if I care.”

Louis grunted and left the room. Counting this as a temporary win, Harry continued to stare vacantly at the shadowed ceiling behind his glasses. He had not bothered asking Louis to remove them even though he was sure that his eyes would be plenty adjusted by now.

He heard the door open again and groaned when he saw Louis’ form re-enter.

“I said I’m not hungry,” he mumbled into his sheets.

Louis did not say anything and instead caught Harry off guard by removing the glasses. Harry blinked several times, his eyes adjusting to the sudden change of lighting.

“Why –?” Harry began, but froze when he noticed how close Louis was to him.

“Louis…” he breathed, staring into the older boy’s crystal blue eyes.

“Yes, H-Haz?” stammered Louis, equally as breathless. He had never seen eyes as breathtaking as Harry’s. There was not a doubt in his mind that green was his favorite colour for a reason.

“Your eyes… they’re gorgeous.” Louis flushed.

“I could say the same for yours.”

Harry just shook his head though and continued to stare into Louis’ depths, completely and utterly mesmerized. He felt himself swelling at the sight of them.

“Please, Haz,” murmured Louis. “Won’t you eat for me?”

Harry sighed. How could he refuse those innocent, beautiful eyes.

He nodded slowly and Louis smiled gently. Harry continued to stare at the beautiful boy, soaking every bit of him in as he leant towards the nightstand to grab the tray that he had brought in earlier. He did not break eye contact, even as Louis fed him.

“What?” asked Louis softly.

“You’re just beautiful,” said Harry, his voice barely above a whisper. He smiled when Louis flushed.

“So you’re not still mad with me?”

“Oh, I am. But there’s no point in denying the obvious fact that I’ve never met anyone as breathtaking as you.”

Did I really just say that out loud?

Louis was now bright pink and trying to keep his hand steady as he fed Harry soup.

“You’re a real charmer, Haz. I hope you realize that.”

“So I’ve been told.”

The pair of them fell into a comfortable silence, only broken by the sound of the spoon dancing with the bowl and the pitter-patter of rain on the windowsill. Harry’s eyes searched the room.