Chapter 12 - Consequences

Happy Friday! The boys will be in Singapore soon and it's getting closer to my Summer U.S. concert date! Here's chapter 12, as promised.

&&&

“Welcome home.”

Harry was speechless, any hope that he would get off without Louis noticing having dissipated moments before. He stared into the emotionless eyes of the petite boy.

Well?” said Louis, his voice laced with venom though his face betrayed no emotion. “Are you going to say anything or are you just going to stand there with a vacant expression on your face?”

“I – I –”

“You what?” hissed Louis, his grip on Harry’s wrist painfully tight. “You thought it’d be clever to knock me out and then go on a little adventure? Is that it?”

“N-No, I just needed some fresh air…”

For five hours?”

Harry could feel his wrist throbbing from how tight Louis was holding it. It was as if Louis was his anchor, acting as his moor to the kitchen linoleum.

“I lost track of time. I’m sorry Lou…”

Don’t,” said Louis, dropping Harry’s wrist suddenly. His eyes flashed with betrayal and anger. “I trusted you, Harry. I trusted that you wouldn’t leave me and you went and did exactly that!”

“I didn’t leave you! I came back! I said that I would always come back!”

“No, you said that you would never leave. There’s a difference!”

Harry exhaled, pinching the bridge of his nose for patience. Louis continued though.

“Do you know how that looked?” he snarled. “I woke up expecting to see my – you next to me and nothing. Just empty sheets. I figured you must’ve gone to shower. Nothing. I trusted you when you said you would follow my rules and not go anywhere without me and especially not leave the grounds. I thought the worst and I was proven right. I can’t trust you. Hell, I can hardly look at you.”

While those words pierced through Harry, they also sparked the anger he needed to retaliate. He slammed his hand down on the kitchen table, stunning Louis into silence.

I needed an escape dammit,” he snapped. “Not a permanent one, but some solitude. For goodness sake, you haven’t left my side in over a month. I haven’t been out of this house in nearly a year. Do you know what that does to a person’s head?”

Louis opened his mouth to respond but Harry successfully cut him off.

“No, you don’t. You only think about you and your selfish needs. You don’t care about me, Louis. All I am is someone to keep you company when you’re lonely and someone to get you off when you’re horny.”

Louis’ eyes flashed and he swung back, ready to make contact with Harry’s face. Harry froze, waiting for the impact when instead Louis changed course and made contact with the wall. There was a sickening crunch as the wall indented and Louis’ hand made impact.

Louis gritted his teeth and took a deep breath, only registering what he had done when he suddenly heard a whimper. He turned and found Harry under the table, his knees brought up to his forehead and his face hiding from Louis. Suddenly, all the anger that the betrayed boy felt disappeared and was replaced by a wave of nausea and repulsion with himself. How could he do this to Harry again?

He crouched down next to him, reaching out to hold the boy, but Harry squirmed back in fear. Louis’ eyes filled with tears of pain, both from his hand and his broken heart.