Chapter 5 - Day 60: The Two Voices

As the day turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months, Harry and Louis spent more time getting to know each other. Both were surprised that despite the circumstances of their “bonding,” they actually did get on quite well. Louis would spend most of his free time in Harry’s room just talking to the younger boy about everything and anything.

“Favorite colour?” asked Louis.

“Blue,” Harry replied. “Not sky blue though, more like an ocean blue.” Louis hummed. “You?”

“Green.” Harry scrunched his nose. “What’s wrong with that?”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything that looks good with the color green.”

“Green eyes are lovely.”

Harry hesitated.

“Are yours –?” Louis began, and Harry nodded. “Mine are blue.”

Harry bit his lip.

“Do you think you could…?”

“You've had it on for two months now,” warned Louis. “The light could hurt a lot.”

“Get me sunglasses, then,” pleaded Harry. “Let me adjust back. Please, I miss seeing things.”

Louis let out a sigh.

“I’ll think about it.”

Deciding not to push his luck, Harry opted to ask another question.

“Any siblings?”

“Yeah,” Louis breathed with a laugh. “Four younger half-sisters. Well, technically five but Georgia’s from my biological father and I don’t speak to or see either of them.”

Harry nodded.

“I have an older sister. Gemma’s her name.”

Louis was silent, contemplating things.

“Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything!” Louis protested.

“You’re thinking so loud that it’s giving me a headache.”

Louis let out a tight laugh. He was silent for a few more moments until he finally blurted out:

“You know, there was another reason why I didn’t want to talk to you.”

“Oh?” said Harry. “What was that, then?”

Louis gulped.

“I – I was afraid that the more I might learn about y-you… the more…” he trailed off, realizing what he was considering saying was horrific.

“The more… human I’d be?” finished Harry, and Louis looked up surprised.

“Yeah,” Louis breathed. “That sounds worse out loud, I know.”

“There’s really no nice way to cut any of what you’ve done,” said Harry, shortly. Louis looked away from the boy. Then he turned back hesitantly.

“Have you always had curly hair?”

Against his will, Harry’s lip twitched.

“No,” he said, trying not to smile. “Only as I got older. My hair used to be poker-straight when I was young.”

“This is much better,” whispered Louis, taking a curl in his hand and tugging at it. The action caused Harry to emit a guttural sound. “Horny one, aren’t you?”

“I – It’s one of my turn-ons,” muttered Harry, his face heating up. Louis chuckled.

“Good to know.”