Chapter 6 - Day 61: Nicknames

I'm so sorry for not posting last Friday, everyone! It was my first week back at school and it got away from me. I will make sure to post Chapter 7 this upcoming Friday to make up for it. Thank you for the votes xx.

***

When Harry woke up the next morning, his eyes were heavy from all the crying he did the previous night. At first, he could not remember why he was so upset, but then it all came crashing back down on him.

Louis… the date… the girl… twice

He felt his eyes growing wet again but blinked rapidly, refusing to cry more over the boy that was holding him here against his will. He did not deserve Harry’s tears. And he certainly did not deserve his lo –

Wondering what had woken him up to begin with since it was not very light in his room, he looked around as though that would help him. Then he realized.

Louis was singing.

Harry let out a soft sigh. Louis’ voice was beautiful. He only imagined how amazing it would be to be on the receiving end of his singing. He could picture Louis singing in the morning to wake him up… to help him fall asleep after a particularly rough day… while Harry was cooking breakfast in the morning…

Stop it. No need to get domestic. There will never be a ‘you and Louis’ as long as he continues to act like this shadow holding you hostage.

Is he really holding you captive at this point though? The other voice asked. You had your chance to escape and you let it slide by. Face it, you’re falling for –

The door opened, successfully interrupting Harry’s unwanted thoughts. Deciding to pretend he was asleep so that Louis would hopefully leave, Harry slowed down his breathing.

“Harry?” whispered Louis. He felt Louis’ delicate hand rest in his curls and stroke them gently. Harry resisted the urge to shiver and scream. Why was he doing this? They left things horribly yesterday.

He fought the urge to release the bile that rose in his throat at the sudden realization.

Louis must think that Harry truly is asleep and that is the only reason he is showing any form of affection.

“Haz, wake up.”

That got Harry’s attention and made him forget his plan momentarily. But that was too long.

“Haz?” he questioned, internally cursing himself when he realized his act was blown.

Louis shifted uncomfortably.

“Yeah, it just sorta came out. Sorry –”

“No… I like it.”

There was a tense silence between them. Louis wanted to talk about last night because he knew that Harry most certainly heard him and his date, but that was certainly the last thing Harry wanted to discuss at the moment.

“Harry, I –”

“I’m not feeling too well, Louis. Do you have any painkillers for a headache?” he asked, successfully cutting him off. Louis frowned.

“Yeah,” the other boy muttered. “I’ll – I’ll go get you some.” He left the room again and Harry let out the breath that he was unaware he was holding.

What would his next course of action be?

Harry had not come up with a plan when Louis returned several minutes later.

“Here you go, Haz,” Louis said, softly. His words sent tingles throughout Harry.

“Thanks Lou,” he said, reaching blindly for the pills.