Chapter 17 - Letters from Beyond

Sorry for the delay by a day. Reminder: There are only a few more chapters.

&&&

**WARNING: RAPE** Please do not read on if you feel that this will harm, make you feel uncomfortable, or trigger any bad thoughts.

                “Why won’t you talk to me?” Louis asked one morning. Harry picked up his pen.

I don’t talk.

“How come?”

No one listens.

“I would.”

Harry tugged at his hair. He couldn’t talk without revealing himself to Louis and there is no way in hell that he could do that. Not after everything that has happened. Hearing his voice was hard enough, but Louis knowing what had happened to him…

No, it was too much for Harry to handle.

“Hey, are you there?”

Yeah, sorry. I get lost in my thoughts a lot.

Louis chuckled.

“Well, it’s not like there’s a lot of alternative things to do in here I suppose.” Harry smiled slightly. “How long have you been here for?”

To be honest, I have no idea. You?

“About a week now,” Louis sighed. Harry nodded to himself. That seemed about right. The night that Nick had…

“…I came in one night after hours. I could’ve sworn that I saw…”

Harry’s heart began beating faster. When Louis didn’t continue he passed a note through.

Thought you saw what?

“N-Nothing,” stammered Louis. “Just someone I used to know. Must’ve still been out of it though, he wouldn’t be here of all places. And thank goodness for that.”

Harry swallowed thickly. He could never tell Louis his true identity. It would destroy the other boy.

“What’s your favorite color?” asked Louis suddenly.

Harry smiled again. He had missed Louis’ randomness but he also felt a wave of nostalgia for one of their first proper conversations together in the cabin.

Blue, he wrote back. He then decided to test things a bit. Sky blue.

Louis sighed.

“My… someone I cared about liked blue. Not sky blue though. He liked ocean blue.”

Someone he cared about, Harry thought bitterly. Not someone he loved.

Is he the person you lost?

“Yeah,” breathed Louis. “Yeah, I lost him. In more ways than one.”

***

How’d you lose him? Harry wrote one evening.

“He… he left me. No, that’s not right. I told him to leave. I think he would’ve stayed if I hadn’t and that scares me the most.”

“Sorry,” Louis then swiftly apologized. “I’m not sure why I’m bothering you with all of this.”

I asked. It’s no bother.

“He was beautiful,” Louis whispered, and Harry closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall. He did so hoping that it would take away the pain of Louis being so close but not knowing whom he was really talking to.