Chapter 10~ History Unwinding

Charlotte's POV:

So the whole Scooby gang was sat here in my lounge. Alaric has just arrived too. I heard them all talking about werewolves. Making me giggle, maybe it was time to put them out of their misery mostly Damon.
"Wait you mean like werewolves?" Elena asked.
"No way, impossible." Damon asked.
"Is it?" I smirk coming down the stairs to where they were all situated. They all looked at me intrigued.
"I've been on this planter for 160 odd years, and have never come across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asks me.
"Oh they exist all right. You've just never opened your mind to the possibility of more super-natural creatures, not been in the right place at the right timings." I smile, they all looked so curious but didn't want to ask much.

I don't get it, all they wanted was answers and here I was spoon feeding it to them on a silver platter and they still don't care or trust me! So much for sisterly love.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric's asked Damon.
I liked Ric in this situation because he supported me. He's the only one, I thought whilst eye rolling.
"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founder's Day but the Gilbert Device did. And it effected his son Tyler." Damon pointed out excitedly like a child. He was even on the edge of his seat, bobbing his knee up and down.

"And at the carnival his uncle makes an exhibit in human behaviour, when he fought one of the carnival workers. So it suggests some sort of supernatural identity." Stefan explained, making Ric nod in understanding.
"We're hoping Isobel's research could help figure out what it is." Elena said.
"Well, her things are still with Duke. I mean her office is still there she's, technically still missing." Alaric informed us.

"So can we gain access to it?" I ask him.
"Ric we don't know what we're dealing with. This wolf man thing if true is not a good thing, I've seen enough movies to know. It means Mason Lockwood is a real life Jacob Black and that Tyler punk may just very well be Jacob Black junior. Which means Edward Culling, meaning me, is totally screwed." Damon spoke, making me laugh out loud.

I received many glares from my outburst, but I held my hands up in shock. Damon can not explain the situation like that and expect me not to laugh! It's impossible, especially when he's trying to be so serious and hell bent on the Lockwood's family history.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
So now Elena, Damon and I were all heading off to the Duke college campus to view Isobel's research. Damon and I were almost desiccating, by the time Elena and Stefan were out the house and ready to go.

"Sorry you can't come to Stef." Damon pouted earning glares from the pair while I hide my laughs in my sleeve.
"Call me if you need anything." Stefan told Elena.
"Oh I'll take really good care of her." I smirked, also playing along with Damon.
But in response I just got a bunch of snogging in my face making me wretch and climb into the passenger seat.

"How are you doing back there? You know this pretending to hate me thing, is getting old." I ask Elena and Damon. Damon had not stopped complaining ever since I called shotgun, God he is such a baby!
"I don't think she's pretending. You have threatened her, multiple times." Ric scoffed.

Hey! What happened to being on my side?!

"There is a huge oxymoron to that statement. We've now become friends." I say in a high-pitched girly voice, taking the absolute piss.
"Yeah because your brother who is my boyfriend, asked me to be civil and get along with you." She said bitterly.
Woah! We're seeing the true Elena Gilbert here.

"Omg, are you serious right now?" I groan.
"Yes!" She said raising her voice.
"Urgh, I should of snapped your neck, while I had the chance." I moan.
"Shut up!" She asked, sitting back having enough of me.