Chapter 60~ Break Down

Charlotte's POV:

The next morning I was lounging around in my pyjamas in Stefan's room without a care in the world, casually reading through his latest diary. Things got interesting, he definitely had a way with words.

He just got out the shower with some joggers on and a towel around his neck when he noticed me. He coughed loudly to get my attention but I only slightly looked up before letting my eyes trail back down to his journal, reading again.

"Listen, I know you've been gone for a few years, but knocking is still a thing." He says.
"So is writing in your diary apparently. I'm just checking for doubts, you can never be too cautious when it comes to love. One minute you're begging me for forgiveness after you stunt to kill me and the next it's all about Elena again." I explain to him.

"Right well, you can read it all you want. I'm done with her." He says getting changed.
"Until we find the cure right?" I was too smart to realise that once we find this cure my brothers would be straight at each other's throats again fighting for Elena's love.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" I call when he doesn't answer me.
"Oh I know. I'm ignoring you." He simply states making me close up his diary and walk over to him.
"Look! We're at a bit of a disadvantage here. Team Klaus has Jeremy the hunter and team Shane has Bonnie the witch."
"If you're here to remind me of the last place status, I'm very well aware."
"Actually I have a plan. The cure is buried with Silas, that ancient evil guy Kol is afraid of. Shane was so eager to reveal his real-ness that he gave away that he has one of the keys to resurrect him. His headstone."
"I see. You want to steal it."
"Not me. You and Rebekah and then Team Shane will have to join team Rebekah, and team Klaus will be left out in the cold where he belongs."
📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖
I got a call from Stefan and Rebekah saying they hadn't found the tombstone but they had found out there was another team in the race to finding the cure. Great, another thing to worry about.

I didn't even want the cure. Or Silas. I was only doing this for Rebekah.

I was arriving at the Mikealson mansion the same time as Kol. I followed him to the bar.
"Going somewhere? I would if I was you. If Damon kills the hunter then Nik will not be pleased." I ask, making him turn round to face me.

"I told Nik I wouldn't touch the kid. I didn't." He confessed.
"Yeah well that was clever, I'm sure he will really appreciate it." I joked making him smile.
"I've missed you Charlie, you were always the fun one. So when's the wedding?" He asks making me chuckle.

"Not anytime soon. Nik and I have only got on to good terms recently, he won't be putting that ring on my finger for a long time." I sigh sitting down.
"Shame. I always wanted you as a proper part of our family. You know documented and all." He smirked making us laugh again.
"Well tell him to clean up his act. This cure has ruined us, not just your family but my own and many more and it hasn't even been found yet. Just imagine what's going to happen when it's found." I tell Kol my worries.

"My family was ruined a long time before the cure."
"So was mine. Thanks to some Petrova girls." I reply.
"I won't let anyone raise Silas." He speaks up.
"I know." I say quietly.

Then I heard footsteps and Nik walks in. I turn to face Kol but he's gone. I look around confused, no trace he was ever here.
"What are you doing here love?" He asks me when he sees me sitting alone.
"Nothing. Just thinking." I sigh.
"About what? A penny for your thoughts." He smirks sitting next to me.

"This cure. I know why you want it Nik and you know I will always support you but it's taking over our lives. It's destroying everyone. I don't know how much longer I can last." I say burying my head in my hands realising the terrible headache I had.

"I know love. But it will all be over soon." He said.
"Then what? Something else will pop up and happen, I know of it. Once Elena is back to being human my brothers will be all over her again and fighting until the brink of death only this time they won't come back from the dead." I spat, not to him though just the universe in general.

Klaus just watched and listened. But I couldn't take it anymore and just burst into tears. I was an emotional wreck. Nik immediately brought me into his side as he hugged me and let me cry into his jacket. He stroked up and down my arm as he hugged me tightly.

"It hurts Nik. It hurts so much. I don't want to be alone anymore." I sob.
"And you don't have to be. I will always be here for you. I love you always and forever." He says kissing the top of my head.
"I love you too." I cry out.