Chapter 36~ Homecoming

Rebekah's POV:

I was going behind Charlotte's back. We all were and by all I basically mean her entire friendship group and family. But Klaus needed to be put to a stop. I didn't know if I wanted him dead but he did dagger me for 90 years. I love him, so much but none of us can take any of this much longer.

Charlotte was out shopping. I had sent her to get us accessories for our homecoming outfits as she was mad at me for letting Elena pick out our dresses. She needed to get out as well. Jeremy Gilbert just cheated on her and now we were going to try and kill her soulmate. I felt bad, I truly did.

We were all located in the Salvatore's library as Stefan called Klaus. The phone didn't ring long as Nik soon answered.
"Portland is lovely, once you get passed all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it's literally a breeding ground for werewolves." I heard Nik's excited voice from the other line.

"Your father's dead." Stefan dead panned.
"What did you say to me?" Nik asked after a slight pause.
"Oh my mistake, not your actual farther, and not dead, Mikel. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"
"Well first I want you to explain to me, exactly what happened." Nik told him, now more serious.

"Mikel tracked Elena down to her house and tried to kill her. Damon and I vervained him with the supply Elena keeps at her house. In the process of fighting him we discovered he had a dagger, which we found out he planned to use on Rebekah but instead Elena managed to come up behind him while we held him and dagger him." Stefan said word for word, just as assumed.

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself!" Nik loudly exclaimed, I could hear him pacing from here.
"Well he's here. Lying on the ground."
"If your lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. Is what your saying the truth?" Nik asked.
"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."
"I want to talk to Rebekah."

I knew he would ask this, that's why I'm here.
"Well that's ok, she's right here." Stefan said while passing me the phone.
"Hello Nik." I say softly after thinking this over again.
"Rebekah love! What's this I hear about Mikel's meet with the dagger?" I could see all eyes on me encouraging me to go along with the plan.

And I did.
"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you, I'm miserable here." I say.
"Where's Charlotte, let me speak to her." I close my eyes and sigh.
"She's not here Nik. She's not doing well." I tell him truthfully.
"What happened?" He growled.
"You need to talk to her."
"I'll be home soon," He replied sincerely.
"Good. See you then brother." I hung up.

I looked at their awaiting eyes knowing most of them heard the conversation anyway.
"It's done. He's coming back." I simply say before walking off, ashamed with my part in all this.
📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱
Charlotte's POV:

I had just come back home from town. I'm not going to lie I did have a wonderful time, it was just nice to forget about everything and have some me time. Besides, I picked up some killer shoes. I bought Rebekah some silver heels and a silver bracelet. Simple yet elegant.

I had gold heels and gold jewellery to match my red dress. For a change tonight I straightened my hair. I did my makeup very natural but yet it still stands out. I thought I looked beautiful. It's what I always pictured looking like for my first dance.

I may be over 100 years old but this was my first high school dance and I wanted it to be perfect. I was going to the dance early to help Caroline do the finishing touches. I was so excited. Rebekah said she would meet me just after, which I happily agreed on. I couldn't wait for us to share this moment together.

On my way to the dance I got a text from Klaus.

I heard there's a dance tonight and you're in need of a date. I'm dropping everything and coming home to escort you. I cannot wait to see you my love, I'm sure you look stunning.
Forever and always~ K.