Chapter 14~ The End of an Era

Charlotte's POV:

I was currently sitting on the couch with Caroline. She had just compelled her mom, for just being so emotional a couple of moments ago, she was doing fine now. I poured her some blood into one of Damon's fine glasses and passed it to her.
"Thank you. I'm still shaking." She spoke.

Then Stefan arrived. I had texted him to come here just moments before.
"What's happened?" He asked walking up to where we were.
"Go ahead, tell him. Your gonna love this." I encourage Care to speak.
"I saw Kathrine today."
Care didn't even get a chance to finish before Stefan charged in with a "Where?!" Jesus Stef, let her finish. She was just getting to that part. *Wink*

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to talk and kind of- well I-I stalk Matt." Caroline continued.
"Skip the teen drama and get to it." I sighed waiting for the excitement of the story.
"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom, even though I really didn't have to go cause I'm a doofus!"
"Tell him the rest of it." I smirked.
"She wants to do it in public, killing Mason threw her off-guard." Stefan stated.
"She's running scared, what she did to Jenna was desperate. There just tricks." I sigh.
"We can't underestimate her, we have to be smarter than her." Stefan replies to me.

I think he was getting rather tired of me now. "Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Care suggested.

Er-No! I know exactly what Kathrine wants to do with it! Destroy it! She's doesn't want to lift any curse!
"Yeah, no! Kathrine's not getting dick! I've had it! We're going to go to the Mascaraed Ball and I'm going to kill her. Tonight." I protest loudly.
"You're not going to kill her."
To this I looked at Stefan shocked. Like as shocked as I've ever been, mouth hung open and all.
"Oh really?!" I gaped.
"Yeah, because I am."

Damn.
🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪
So everyone soon came rushing and bursting through our doors.
Another knock sounded and I quickly ran to it to open it. Seeing Bonnie I sighed of relief. There was too much testosterone in this house.

"Oh! Thanks for coming!" I gasp grabbing her hand quickly to pull her inside. Then I shut the door behind her.
"I got your message." She replied.
"Hey so you got the Grimoire. Thank you." I state, looking at the old, heavy looking dust pile in her arms.
When coming in closer she looked around to see weapons everywhere and the house full.

"What's going on?" Oh yeah, I forgot I didn't fill her in.
"We're going to kill Kathrine." Jer states behind her, making me smile and nod at her.
"I can explain." I smile.
"Please." She whispered.
"We're gonna kill Kathrine." I shrug and walk over to the boys, leaving her with Caroline to ponder over what I just said.
"Now this works with compressed air, trigger here. I got two of these in a different size. Now for you, I recommend this. Fits nicely under a jacket sleeve, trigger when your ready and...well I don't think I have to show you how to kill vampires." Ric went on, assigning each person a weapon.

"Are you sure guys don't want me there tonight?"
It was much later now, Ric was just leaving after a long day of him teaching us all bout his creations and how to use them.
"No. I need you to stay with Elena, I don't want her to know about this." Stefan tells him.
"Ok, well I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight." Ric informs us.
"Right if anyone wants to back out, I'll understand." Stefan continues.

"Yeah cold feet, speak now. It would be bad if someone later decides to chicken out. Caroline." Damon carries on looking at everyone in the circle. Like we were in primary school during Golden Time. But focuses more on Care's end.
"I won't. Look she killed me. Fairs fair. As long as there are no werewolves running around." Care simply stated. I sneakily give her a high five for that. She learned the sass from me!