Chapter 39~ Blow Up

Charlotte's POV:

I was fed up with the way I was getting treated in this town so I dressed to impress and left my apartment to go back to my old house. The one I shared with my brothers.

No one was home when I arrived so I happily let myself in. I even got comfy, I drank some of Damon's Bourbon and even played some music. Just as I started to enjoy my time Stefan walked in the front door making me sigh.

He immediately turned the music off making me pout.
"What are you doing here Charlotte?" He asked me.
"I used to live here." I state.
"What do you want?"
"The question is, what do you want? Klaus' hybrids left town just as you demanded, so please tell me what I need to do to get my family back." I falsely smile.
"Well for starters they're not your family Charlotte. Secondly, Lottie I'm not negotiating."
"Trust me Steffy, they've acted more like my family than you and Damon could in decades. And you understand that keeping them indefinitely is the same as dropping them in the ocean." I smile.
"No, no. Get Klaus to leave Mystic Falls then in a few years, we'll talk." I laughed at his statement.

I couldn't believe he was acting so hard. "I'm going to give you another chance, just one more. Let's make a reasonable deal." I say still giggling.
"Or what? You make one move and I will jump."

Again I burst out in laughter at him trying to be intimidating. I could see he was getting more pissed off.
"Right. Crazy Stefan. How's that working out for you? Any friends left?" I say, easing my eyebrows.

He soon grew silent making me smirk.
"Just like you then Lottie." He remarked.
"Yes Stefan just like me. I was abused for sixteen years of my human life before meeting the originals who took me in and gave me a life worth living. After hiding in the shadows for years training and hunting, becoming powerful I get engaged. Then I become public. I meet you and Damon throughout the years helping you both! With your issues with blood and cravings working my ass off for the both of you! Then something awful happens to me and I come back home to bond with my brothers when I need help the most, only to be screwed over by another Doppelgänger and her gang of high school bullies! So if anyone gets to complain Stefan, I win! If that's what you wanted! A game? Well there you go, I win." I blew up.

I don't wait for a reaction, I just throw down my glass before leaving. Every bit was true though, I was the most selfless person, always trying to impress people. And look where it got me.

No where.
🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇
Klaus called my over that night. I had been shopping all day since my encounter with my brother this morning. It was very therapeutic picking out whatever I wanted.

I walked into his cellar to find all three coffins there. I looked at him in surprise.
"You've got your family back. Finally. Are you going to open them?" I ask hopeful.
"Not quite yet. I have some unfinished business." He said making me sigh. He walked out the room making me follow him.
"What business?" I ask.

All of a sudden I get thrown across the room. Before I crash into the wall Nik comes up behind me and catches me. We whip around to see who did that, only to be faced with Elijah.
"So Niklaus, Charlotte." He spoke out.

He looked awful. Plain as.
"Lijah." We both simultaneously whisper.
He looked pissed.

Brilliant.