Chapter 52~ The Five

Charlotte's POV:

I almost made it through my first day back at school after a short break. That is until I got an urgent phone call from my brother saying he got shot and couldn't move out of the caravan in the woods he was trying to break into.

I have to admit. I laughed my arse off. But I came to the rescue, as always.
"Why were you being so cryptic?" I ask quietly as I enter the van.

He was attached to an arrow which was on a string attached to a....bomb. A fricken bomb!
"Close the door." He mutters under his breath.

"Tell me that isn't a bomb." I moan.
"Ok. It's a kitten. It's an adorable exploding kitten."
"Why didn't you call Dr Fell?"
"Because I'm too proud and stubborn and look your already here! C'mon you're not going to get hurt. So just be your inner doctor and cut out the arrow. I would do it myself but if I move..." He moves the string for dramatic effect making me sigh and pick up a knife from the counter.

I listen to him groan as I slice open his back.
"Here's a letter from Pastor Young about uprising war in Mystic Falls." Damon explains picking up a letter from a nearby table.

I read over his shoulder and squint my eyes.
"What does he mean by there's a greater evil coming? Isn't there a greater enough evil anyway?" I ask.
"You'd think." He replies.

His phone starts to ring, it was Elena. He was quick to hang up.
"Why were you left on hunter's duty?" I ask.
"Stefan had a physics test." Damon snarked making me laugh.
"You are a good brother." I smile.
"I'm a bad brother."
"You're strung up to a bomb while Stefan plays vampire with the girl who broke your heart. You're doing a very good job of acting like it doesn't suck. Alright, that should be good." And with that he ripped the arrow right out.
🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹
So if you didn't already know, Bex finally moved in with me. Klaus was quick to leave upon hearing this information. Well not quick enough, Bex caught us making out on my bed. She squealed with delight and was happy for us both but Klaus was still pissed at her.

Anyway, so she was throwing a party. At my house by the way. Pissed was an understatement but it was Bex. I can't stay mad at her for long. She just wanted some fun and I was down after, I hired some maids.

I met up with Rebekah a bit into the party. She had told me what she did to Elena. I wasn't mad, I just smirked, she needed to be brought down a peg or two. We watched her go to walk away from the stairs.
"Leaving so soon?" I call.
"No. I never got a drink." She smiles. She then tosses her bag to Stefan and goes to do a handstand on one of the beer barrels and everyone cheers as she chugs her beer upside down.

We both glare as she leaves with my brother.

Suddenly, Bex looks a little faint and I watch as her knees buckle. I grab her arms and hold her upright as I look at her concerned. Her skin started to vein and I looked confused.
"What in the hell?" I whisper.

I immediately contacted Nik but he was preoccupied with killing a vampire hunter. I offered my services to help and met up with him and my brother Day.

Jeremy rang me to say he was at the hospital with the hunter so we went there. We hid in the storage cupboard and waited for him to waltz in. He soon did, to which Damon walked out.
"Did I say I was a germaphobe, sorry I meant vampire." He said cockily.

But before he could shoot my brother I did and connected him to a bomb just like he did my brother. Then Klaus walked out too.
"Hello mate." Nik speaks with a smile.

"Keep it up buddy. We'll be scrapping you off the ceiling." Damon spoke out as we watched Conner try to break out his chains.
"You three are going to kill me anyway." He said pretty calmly for a guy surrounded by vampires.
"Well let's not be too hasty, I feel like we're just getting to know each other." I smirk.
"Let's start with the basics. Where are you from? What do you know? Maybe you can fill me in on this greater evil because I've fought these two and there's nothing more evil than them." Day told while pulling out the letter he found.

Nik chuckled while Connor looked scared.
"Yeah truth be told, I'm as evil as it gets." Klaus smirked.
"I'm not telling you anything. You think when you kill me it will be over, there's another ready to take my place!" The hunger hisses.

I look more intrigued, I was sure I had heard about different hunters over the years. He seemed different to the rest. It didn't seem to effect Damon or Nik however.
"Oo, vague threats, disappointing prophecy's and disappearing tattoos." Damon listed.

This is when Nik understood what I did. We turned to each other. He was one of the five.
Klaus glared at the man.
"What do you mean tattoos?" He asked my brother not taking his eyes off Connor.
"Oh don't bother, you can't see the damn thing." Damon writes it off.

I get closer to him.
"There's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there?" I ask with a wink.

He goes to stab me but I grab his arm before he can.
"Nice try, but I'm faster than your average vampire." I smirk.

I snap his arm back and pull out his dagger. I show it to Nik.
"You're one of the five." I state.
"I'm faster than your average hunter." And with that he set the bomb off. But Nik quickly sped us all out.
💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
Later that night, I get a call from a very distressed Stefan saying Elena has werewolf blood in her system. After persuading Nik to give me his blood I make my way over to the Boarding House.

I race upstairs to find a very sick Elena laying in bed with both my brothers at her aid.
"You came!" Stefan exclaimed.
"I did! And just for reference, one voicemail is enough." I get cut off by Elena's groans in pain.
"What's wrong love?" I smirk sarcastically.

"She has werewolf venom in her system. You know you're the only one who can get the blood to save her Lottie." He was referring to me getting through to Nik, I used this to my advantage.

"What would have happened if we were no longer here Stefan? If you and my friends would have succeeded in ridding the world of us. Let's play that game for a moment shall we? I don't want anything from you. Her on the other hand. If you had told me a few hours ago, I wouldn't have given a shit about you dying. But as it turns out...you maybe use to us after all." I say feeding her the vile of blood I brought.

Late that night I was waiting in Connor's RV. I asked Nik to put him there for now while I talk to him. I waited at least half an hour before he woke up with a gasp. He stared straight into my deep brown orbs and sat straight.
"You saved me." He spoke out.
"Well you are now more valuable alive than dead." I tell him with a smirk leaning against his table.
"What did you mean when you called me one of the five." He asked.
"You don't even know your own history. Disappointing." I sigh.

With that I knock him out again. Great he was almost useless. Almost.
I took him to Nik's place to tell him what I got. Which again wasn't a lot.