Chapter 48~ Compulsion

Charlotte's POV:

The next morning I was dragged out of bed at 8 o'clock in the morning on a Sunday! Three guesses by who. If you guessed Caroline freakin Forbes, you were correct!

I was apparently on clean up comity, which is weird because I don't remember signing up to it. But Care did that honour for me. I find it rude of her to make me clean up a dance I didn't even go to.
"What do you mean you're ditching my clean up comity?" Caroline yelled down the phone to her hybrid boyfriend.
"Klaus called, he's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house." I listened in to their conversation.
"Since when does Sire bond= House Slave." Caroline moaned.
"Urgh, he's being petty." I whisper but I know they both heard.
"And he still thinks I'm sired to him. It's fine, I'll keep up the act and it will all be over soon. Look I'm late, I have to go I love you."

"I love you too." Care sighed before hanging up.
As she did I heard a noise sound from behind us, I looked behind me but couldn't see anything so I ignored it and carried on moving.

I walked in the gym and was surprised to see Bekah.
"Bex!" I say. She returned my smile and carried on cleaning up.
"Where's Matt?" Caroline asked.
"He bailed, he got called into work at the last minute." She replied.
"Are you kidding me? It's just us." I groan.

"Yes and you're late. Clean up comity started at eight o'clock." Bex teased.
"It's like 8:02, and you can blame Charlotte for not getting up!" Care complained.
"Hey we didn't even get chance to attend the dance!" I snap back.

We began to help the blonde.
"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you hated her, and everything but still, I'm sorry." Caroline spoke up after a few minutes of silence.
"Sorry about your teacher, he seemed like a nice guy." Bekah replied.
"Yeah he was." Care replied.
"I'm going to get started on the gym." Bekah said before walking out. Making me sigh and carry on with the list of jobs ahead of us.

All of a sudden we heard a commotion in the hall way. I sped out to see Ric holding Bekah against the lockers with a White Oak Stake. I pulled him back forcefully and Bekah managed to stake him. But he just pulled it out making us all confused.

Before he could get us we rushed out but Care couldn't get in her car so I ran to help her but it ended up with us both getting our necks snapped.

Again! All for being nice.

I give up.
🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗
Klaus' POV:

I was almost finished packing up my house thanks to the many help of my hybrids. It was all peaceful, that was until my sister stormed in.
"Alaric Saltzman just tired to kill me!" She shouted.

I sighed and rolled my eyes before turning to my little sister.
"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." I explained loudly while carefully packing my paintings.
"Well he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a White Oak Stake that can kill him. He's strong Nik, too strong." Her voice trembled with fear.

I took the situation a little more serious hearing my sister's terrified voice. It took her a lot to become scared.
"Where is he now?" I ask quickly getting to the point.
"He stuck at the school, without a daylight ring. But as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now."

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way." I tell her and quickly finish up.
"Forget Elena! You don't need anymore stupid hybrids!" She shouted out.

I almost lost my temper, I hated when she became whiny.
"What I need, is protection from Ester's continued assaults towards us."
"We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and forever Nik." She tires to win me over but I just give her an beau real expression before replying.