Chapter 55~ 53 years

Charlotte's POV:

I had arrived at Elena's house late that morning due to my distressed brothers. They were concerned about Elena's behaviour ever since she killed the hunter yesterday. I knew what was going on and planned to tell them.

However, just as I arrived and got settled my phone rang. I sighed seeing the caller ID. Klaus. I give a look to my brothers and they nod knowingly.
"It's Klaus." I state.
"Oo, time to face the music, pay the piper, dance with the devil." Damon chimed while drying the dishes.
"You know I'm glad you find this amusing. If Klaus finds out I told you about the cure he'll kill all of us." Stefan reminds Damon.
"Quit avoiding him Lottie. You're being shady, shady people get outed." Damon told me.

With that I finally picked up on the last ring. I held the phone close to my ear, knowing it wouldn't make much difference to my brother's hearing in on the conversation.
"I don't want to talk about." I start with.
"Well I can imagine why, with you Salvatore's ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future." He spoke making me roll my eyes and sit down on a near dining room chair.

"Well it wouldn't have happened if you had sworn my brother and I to secrecy." I snap back.
"Well life's full of if's love. Let's accentuate the positives shall we? The hunter was one of five, we'll find another. It may take century's but we've got nothing but time right?" He talks. My eyebrows shoot up along with my brothers, why was he being so calm?

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" I ask knowingly.
"Not you or your brothers if that's what your worried about love. But I am concerned about your friend. Have the hallucinations started yet?" He asks.

Both my brothers ears perk up to this.
"Yes." I say.
"Where are you?" He asks me directly.
"I'm at her house."
"How convenient, so am I."
I sigh and roll my eyes again.

We then hear a rapid knock at the door making us all turn our heads. I open the door and head out myself telling my brothers to wait back a minute. As soon as I shut the door behind me Klaus pouts.
"You know I would be a lot more civilised if I was just invited inside." He rants.
"That's why I'm out here talking to you."
"Elena needs to come with us now. I'll lock her up, keep her away from any sharp wooden objects." He explains making my face scrunch up.

"She's not going anywhere with you. And you certainly aren't locking her up, you didn't have to do that with me and I was a lot more dangerous." I tell him.
"Yes but when you became a vampire love your selflessness was the emotion most heightened making it easy for you to control yourself around the ones you loved. Elena's most heightened emotion is fear which is dangerous with this curse. If we leave her alone she'll take her own life before the day is over. Just like you tried too on many occasions."

"She's stronger than that." I try to persuade him, but he wouldn't budge.
"Is she? Stronger than you, my love? I highly doubt that. Believe me it's for her own good, and you know that too." He finishes.

All of a sudden I hear both my brothers shout Elena's name from within the house. Then in a blink of an eye when she comes out Klaus grabs the both of us and speeds us off to his house.
🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓
As soon as we were in the basement of Klaus' mansion I ripped myself out of his grip.
"Let go of me!" Elena commanded.
"Certainly." Klaus spoke before letting go and allowing her to wonder round her new room. It was very spacious, hardly like a cellar. With a big bed, chairs, TV, paintings.

It was lovely. I was kind of jealous.
"I apologise for the lack of windows, it's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you taking off your daylight ring and trying to burn yourself to death in the sun. I've seen Charlotte do it, not a pretty sight." Klaus explained.