Chapter 61~ Anxiety

Charlotte's POV:

The sun was slowly creeping in my eyes, disturbing my peaceful slumber. I groaned softly as I turned over to the other side of the bed.

My eyelids fluttered and soon I was staring at the bathroom door. I hugged my pillow as I got this unsteady feeling of anxiety bubbling in my stomach.

Anxiety consumed me when I was human. It weighed over my head like a constant cloud and reminder. It never helped my mother and father treated me like scum of the streets. Even now I consider myself nothing and second best to my brothers. Confidence is my safety blanket. I act hard and tough to hide the fact I'm really a golden retriever on its back, showing my belly like the submissive bitch I am. It never really went away when I turned, there were moments when I was a vampire when it gets heightened. It made me want to hide from the world and not get up. My mind was cloudy with thoughts and I just wanted to cry for no reason. These whirlwind of emotions were starting to piss me off.

But before I let my thoughts consume me an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer into its body. Nik was now awake.

I didn't turn to him like I usually did, which led him to realise something was wrong. He drew patterns on my arm but nothing got rid of this uncomfortableness that was lying in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't explain it and no matter how bad I wanted it to go away, it never did.

"I could make it all disappear, you know?" Nik's voice rang through the empty halls of the house.
"I know." I whisper playing with my ring.

He grabbed my hand softly in his to stop me fiddling.
"Look at me." He whispers.

I shake my head as tears start to form in my eyes.
"It's ok to cry sometimes Char. It's ok not to be ok. You're one of the strongest people I've ever met. Let me in." He spoke softly.

I cuddle into his side and bury my head where he can't see me. We stay like that for a couple of hours before Nik decides to get up. I watch him walk around and get dressed.
"You can come with me you know? To see Rebekah, I'm sure that will cheer you up." He says.

"I'll meet you there. I'll just get ready." I say.
He comes over and kisses me on the head.
"I'll be waiting, call me if anything changes." He says and with that, he leaves.

I sigh as I sink back into the covers and stare at the ceiling. It was either stay in bed and live no life or get up and live the life I want. I get up with a grunt and get in the shower.

I spend ages in here just staring at the water running down the drain. When I finally find motivation I wiz around to get ready quickly as I didn't want to take too much time listening to me own thoughts.

I rush out the door and vamp speed to Bekah's instead of driving. Again, I didn't want to waste time. I walk straight in and up to her bedroom where I hear voices. I take a deep breath before opening the door and put a smile on my face.

But that soon fades, as I see my brother there and the room stinks of sex.
"GROSS! WITH MY BROTHER?" I say.
"With mine?" Rebekah claps back making me smirk.

Klaus gives me a side glance to ask if I'm alright, I just nod stiffly. He sighs knowing that was a lie.
"Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does anymore damage. Now I know you have the last dagger and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over." Nik asked continuing from his conversation.

While they had a sibling bicker I stood closer to Stefan and he wrapped him arm around me allowing me to cuddle him. My brothers were always good at sensing when I was un-calm.
"And leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under no chance in hell! Be gone by the time I've showered love." Bex sassed leaving us three.