Chapter 63~ Free at last

Charlotte's POV:

I had been trapped in this living room for almost two days now. TWO DAYS! With no shower, no bathroom facilities, no toothbrush, no extra clothes not even a blanket!

I was dying. I felt like it anyway. I had a stomach ache and headache due to looking at the same four boxy walls. Nik wasn't making me feel much better either, he kept pacing making my head hurt even more.

As he moved around frantically this morning I groaned out painfully, having enough of his attitude. I hear my back physically crack as I sit up. He looks in my direction and comes to sit next to me, tugging me into his side.

"I can't last hear much longer." I say quietly.
"Don't worry neither can I love." He replies.
"When I get out I'm raising hell on earth!"
"I wouldn't expect anything less from you love."

Our silence of peace didn't last too long as Tyler and Caroline came sauntering back in after last nights event with the hunter's sword they had miraculously found and a laptop, already open.

Jesus Christ help me!
"Well if it isn't little orphan Lockwood. Come to show how laughably useless you are against us?" I ask out, glaring at the pair. Only to get the same look back. As they gladly make them selves at home not to far away from us; might I add making so much noise!

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure. Found this in your attic." He states pulling the sword from its sheath.

"And you think finding the sword, brings you closer to the cure?" I ask sarcastically already having enough of today.
"You tell me! I was playing around with the handle and I found this." Tyler explains taking a piece of leather off the top of the sword, revealing a working mechanism.

Klaus and I stand up together and walk towards them to get a closer look, even though we knew exactly what it is.
"And what do you think this, is?" Nik asks patronisingly.
"It's called a cryptext, I've seen the Givenchy code! You turn the sides to get the different symbols and their meanings. And with the magic of the internet! Elena sent over these! So now all we have to do is cryptext away. If you'd happen to want to help, we wouldn't stop you." Caroline exclaims excitedly typing away on her laptop.

Making me roll my eyes and land back on the couch dramatically.
"Right, well might I suggest you start with using the magic of the internet to purchase a Aramaic to English dictionary from your nearest retailer." Klaus smirks.

"What's Aramaic?" Tyler asks dumbly looking to Caroline for more information but she just shrugs.
"It's a dead language is all I know. It hasn't been used since biblical times."

"You know even if you had the best dictionary in the world, it could take days to translate." I call from the couch.
"Perhaps weeks." Klaus adds on coming to sit next to me.
"Eli, lemana shabakthani!" I say lowly.

Caroline and Tyler both turn to me slowly.
"What does that mean?" Caroline asks.
"If only you spoke Aramaic." Nik and I both say smirking.

They both sigh together knowing we were their only hope.
⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️
"It requires a powerful witch and a hunter in full bloom." I explain to them from my position on the couch.

Klaus and I were teasing the pair, making them think long and hard to try and figure out what we were saying as we spoke back and fourth in Aramaic.
"What are you doing?" Tyler pipes up and asks us.
"I don't need to tell you my reasons." I spat back sitting up straighter and glaring at the young boy in front of me.
"Caroline, bring my sword over here?" Klaus's more demands from his standing position.

Caroline hesitates to move and looks over to me, cautiously wondering if I would make a move. I gesture over to Klaus.

She did so and they even move the laptop so we can clearly see Jeremy's pictures. We study them before I speak up.
"Move the cryptext to the right."
She did so.
"Stop. The top of the hilt reveals the key, to a Nautical map." Klaus carried on.
"Turn it to the left." Caroline carefully did as I said looking at me questionably.
"Now move the other piece. There's something else." I murmur as I watch her every action.

"What does it mean?" Caroline asked.
When we didn't reply and just smirked she spoke up again more desperately.
"Klaus! Charlotte! What does it mean?"
📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖
"Hello?" I heard my annoyed blonde best friend say into my cell phone.
"Hey it's Char, I have the translation of the sword. Caroline is emailing you pictures of the map and instructions right now." I explain to her.
"Got it! Thanks." She replies.
"Actually, it was me." Klaus's piped up.
"Nik you helped?" Bex asks surprised.
"You sound so surprised little sister."
"Should I be? I-I, you don't want me to be human, you don't want any of us to be human. Why would you help us find the cure?" She asked.

"Maybe I finally realised the longer I stand in the way of what you want, the longer you'll continue to hate me. Perhaps I want my sister to finally know happiness."
"Or maybe I just gave him a grilling and threatened to leave him if he didn't help you." I smirk down the phone.

"There is one more thing..." I drag on sending a glance to Caroline and Tyler.
"There is only one dose of the cure you need to find it first and take it, it's the only way you'll be human again." Klaus's quickly mumbled.

Before she could reply and Caroline could get in to snatch my phone I hung up.
Knowing Bex got the message we smiled to each other while Caroline and Tyler looked horrified.
💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻
"Love? Love? C'mon Charlotte get up!" I heard Klaus' voice whining at me.
I groaned and swatted him away only to get lifted in the air and onto my feet making me squeal.
"Hey!" I say lightly hitting his chest.
Only then I realise we were out of the barrier. We were free.
I smiled and he returned it.

We walked out the house to find Caroline on the porch.
"How did you get out?" She asked horrified, from where she was sat on the swing. She looked awful, like she had been crying for hours.
"We feel something terrible has happened to your friend Bonnie." I say.
She immediately stands up as we walk closer.
"Don't worry, you know we wouldn't hurt you." Klaus's spoke referring to the other night.

"You've done enough." She whispered more to herself.
"We've done more than enough! I've shown kindness, forgiveness, pity, because of you Caroline. It was all for you, I thought you were my best friend." I whisper.

She holds tears in her eyes and when she doesn't say anything I scoff as I shake my head and walk away swiftly, Klaus's hot on my tail.