Chapter 26~ A werewolf bite

Charlotte's POV:

We studied Damon's bite as he laid it in the countertop.
"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Kathrine said.
"Yep." I say.
"It's not that bad."
"It will be." I sigh.
"So that's it, you're just gonna die?" Kathrine said.
"Well it depends do you know anything about a cure?" My brother asks.
"Yes." I speak.

Damon's eyes wide.
"What?" Damon whispered.
"But only I can get it." I say.
"What do you mean?"
"It means only I can get it Damon." I speak slowly.
"I'm the only person who knows where it is. It will take me a day or two to get it but I'm sworn to secrecy. I can't tell you." I sigh.

Damon sighs and just nods at me.
"I'll get it for you Day. No matter how much you annoy me, you're still my brother. I'm not going to let you die." I say. He looks shocks but smiles fondly at me.

I go to hug him and he engulfs me back. Damon goes to put his jacket on and I get mine.
"What are you doing?" He asks me.
"I can leave. Klaus let me go out with him, he never told me to stay again." I say.
"No, just stay here ok? Thank you for everything, but you need to find the cure and I need to help. Ok?"
"Ok. Don't leave mad." I reply.
"I had no choice Damon, I had to lure Jenna out." Kathrine spoke.
"I gave you the vervain, so you could have a choice." Damon told her. Which was a fair point. But he didn't understand at the same time.
"It was her or me. We chose her."  Kat tells him.
"I helped you. You owe me, now when Klaus dies your going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you two are the only ones that win. How did that happen?" He asks us.

"I didn't let love get in the way." Kathrine answers for us.
"Enjoy an eternity alone Kathrine." He said and with that he walked out.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
I waited till early hours of the morning for Klaus' return. Kathrine has been a sleep for a few hours now. I hear the door unlock and I run to meet him.
As soon as he enters I pull him in for a hug. I can tell he's shocked by my actions but he wastes no time hugging me back. He sighs into my hair then pulls away.
"It is done darling." I nod, but with tears in my eyes.
"What's upsetting you love." He whispers while pushing my hair away.
"My brother. Klaus please, I know I don't deserve your trust after I ran away. But I cannot watch my brother die. You know more than anyone how important family is. Please, do this for me. And I'll offer my life up by your side. Please." I beg.

Klaus holds me in his arms and stares into my brown orbs. He is silent, but then he nods. I waste no time hugging him tightly again. "Thank you." I whisper.
I play with his hair behind his neck without thinking and he tightens his hold on me.

I miss my brothers and Jeremy. But if it meant I would keep them safe and alive I would do anything. Besides I'm sure Klaus would let me out soon.

Early the next morning I grab my phone. I couldn't sleep last night. Klaus had gone out early with Elijah this morning. Kathrine was still asleep, I don't blame her. I wish I could fall asleep. I dial Jeremy's number and he picks up almost immediately.

"Jer?" I whisper.
"Hey Char are you ok?" He asks me worriedly.
"Yes I'm perfectly safe. Klaus still has me. Jeremy I am so sorry about Jenna. If I could have done anything I wou-"
"It's ok. I know. We're going to get you Char I promise. I won't leave you behind."
"I hope so." I laugh through some tears.

If only he knew. I'll probably be gone by tomorrow.
🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌
3rd Person POV:

Jenna's funeral had just ended. People were paying last minute respects to them.
"Hey, we're going to head back to the house." Stefan told Damon.
They had walked a little away from everyone else.
"I think I'll skip the coffee and the tea cakes." Damon spoke.
"Damon she needs you right now. All of us." Stefan said.
"And then what's the plan Stefan? The curse is broken, Klaus still has our sister. How does one go about killing an old vamp-wolf and his two-faced older brother." Damon exclaimed.
"I have no idea." Stefan said.

"Well we need to get an idea. Fast."
"I'm not going to let Elena loose anybody else."
"Don't make any promises brother."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Tyler Lockwood bit me. Actually it's more of a nip really. Here it is." Damon said holding up his arm for Stefan to see.
"We'll find something. A cure." Stefan promised.
"No need. Lottie's already delivering. We made up last night." Damon said. Stefan smiles at this and nodded.

Hopefully the Salvatore siblings will be reunited soon.