Chapter 20~ Stabbed in the back

3rd Person POV:

Stefan Salvatore was still at his girlfriend's lake house. Elena sat inside submerged in the stories of Jonathan Gilbert. Stefan was taking time to clear his mind early that morning. If he hadn't had a lot to think about before he definitely did now he knew Elena wanted to sacrifice herself.

He was skipping rocks into the large lake that surrounded him. He was content with the autumn breeze whipping around his tall figure. However, the silence was not long lasting as his phone soon began to ring.

"What's up?" Stefan said into the mobile to his older brother.
"Well I woke up, I showered, shaved. Had breakfast. I'm very relaxed." Damon replies in the other line, watching his new "girlfriend" Angie wrap a scarf around her neck to hide the bites Damon had given her that morning.

"Makes one of us."
"I will give you one piece of old news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." Damon told Stefan as he guided Angie outside.
"What do you mean?" Stefan asked, looking longingly at Elena through the glass front of the house.
"I heard from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood. Thus meaning our werewolf chapter, is over bringing  us to..."
"Killing Elijah." Stefan replied for Damon.

"Exactly." Damon said while picking up the dagger John Gilbert had gifted him.
"Well it's not going to be easy. He's crafty. And are you sure we should do this Damon, I mean he knows Charlotte. If they're close..." Stefan trailed off.

"Who cares Stefan. Our little sister threatens anyone who harms anyone she cares about! And besides I have a crafty little dagger." Damon told him.
"He's an original, we don't know what else he's capable of."
"Oh trust me Stefan, I'm not doubting at all, I don't want any surprises."
"Wow Damon...are you actually going to be careful?" Stefan chuckled at his older brother's words.

"Yes Stefan I've become you. Gotta run, I've got a murder to plan." Damon chuckled before hanging up and fiddling with the dagger once more.

Both the brothers just hoped everything would go to plan.
📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃📃
Charlotte's POV:

I was sitting in another hotel room. Again far from the last. I was in Texas Illinois. As I said I travel fast and on a weird pattern. That way it's harder to find me. It's working for now at least, a lot longer than I thought it would. I had just come out the shower when my phone rang. I knew who it was so I answered it straight away.

"Hey Jer." I smile into the phone.
"Hey. How you doing today?" He asked me.
"A lot better. I'm in Texas currently, I arrived early hours this morning." I informed him. I didn't want him to be worried.
"A long way from home." He sighed.
"Yes. I just hope it won't be for long." I sigh back.
"You know Char, if you ever need me to come out just say the wor-"
"I know Jer. I will, I promise." I say softly to him cutting him off.
"I miss you." He said. It made my heart break I think it was pretty clear our feelings for each other were now out in the open.

I knew this as my first week away I longed to be back in his arms. That's when I knew for sure.
"I miss you too. Stay safe, ok?" I whisper.
"I will. I'll call you later." He promised.
"I'll be waiting." I smile.
"Bye."
"Bye." I whispered before hanging up.

I smiled to myself. I haven't been this happy since I left Mystic Falls. Maybe things were turning around.
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
3rd Person POV:

Back in Mystic Falls, Damon was trying to get more answers. He took a bold move by visiting Kathrine under the tomb. As soon as he entered the abandoned underground he noticed the vamp slouched against the side of a rock, slowly desiccating. Knowing she would be in no fit state to talk, he bent down close to her and lifted a bottle of warm blood up to her mouth.