2. Tohfa

The afternoon sun blazed above the Mughal garden. The women of royal family were sitting in the garden and chit-chatting. Mehrimah was also sitting their and talking to her mothers and younger sisters.

Suddenly Mehrimah's eyes fell on her elder brother Daniyaal who was passing through the garden in a hurried way. 'Daniyaal Bhaijaan!! Itni jaldi mein kahan jaa rahe hain?!' Mehrimah asked him.

He stopped and said in a hurried way 'Matt poochiye Mehrimah! Aaj teesri baar hum der se Diwan-E-Khaas jaa rahe hain! Hume toh lagta hai aaj Abbu katal hi kar deinge!😥' And then he ran away, leaving all of them laughing.

'Vaise dekha jaye toh Daniyaal ek kaabil shehzade hain.' one of Akbar's wife said and they all agreed. Daniyaal indeed was an able prince. He had some flaws as well, like he can be influenced very easily. But out of all the other sons of Akbar, Daniyaal was the most ideal one.

'Agar Daniyaal aise hi rahe toh inshallah kissi din Badshah bhi ban sakte hain.' she said and many heads of protest shot up at her-two of them were Mehrimah and Ruqiya's. Ruqiya impatiently looked at Jodha, Salim's biological mother, to protest. But she being a good hindu woman, just said 'Ishwar humare saare bacchon ko khush rakhein!😊🙏'

Mehrimah sighed at the goodness of this woman. Why the hell God chose her to give birth to someone like Salim?

Ruiya said while holding her head high in pride 'Ismein koi shak nahi hai ki shehzade Daniyaal kabil hain...............Par agle Badshah toh humare Salim hi hain!'

Mehrimah rolled her eyes. There she is! The not-so-step-mother of Salim🙄. Maybe Jodha and her father have ignored this their whole life but Mehrimah has seen how Ruqiya has manipulated Salim all his life and that fool.............he doesn't have his own brain to think. Ruqiya never had a child so Jodha shared Salim with her. Maybe she can't see what Mehrimah sees- Ruqiya's ambition for gaining the title of Queen mother. 

Mehrimah smirked as she thought 'Jab hum hindustan par hukumat kareinge..........toh ye khitaab aap mein se kissi ka nahi hoga'😏

But Mehrimah promised herself that, though the title will be given to one only but she will treat all her mothers like Queen mothers. Because after all, they have given her so much love.😊

A guard came running towards them. 'Huzoor! Badshah salamat ne aap sabhi ko Divan-E-Khas mein bulaya hai.' he informed.

'Aise achanak se kyu?' Ruqiya asked while looking at Jodha who was as confused as her. It wasn't that women were not allowed in Divan-E-Khas. But whenever they were supposed to be a part of it, they were informed beforehand only. This immediate call was actually surprising.

In the big hall of Divan-E-Khas, the Emperor sat majestically on his throne. In front of him, on the sides, the big chairs were set for others. On one side sat the courtiers and princes and the other side, which had a net curtain covering it was still empty.

Akbar was deep in thoughts and the courtiers were whispering amongst themselves. Their whispers died as the guard announced the arrival of women.

'HOSHIYAAR!! MALIKA-E-HIND JODHA BAI, BEGUM-E-KHAS RUQIYA BEGUM AUR BAKI BEGUM SAHIBAON KE SAATH TASHREEF LA RAHI HAIN!!!!!'